Chapter 115 | cursed

Reader POV

I lunge at Dagur and kick him in the gut, to which he stumbles back but draws his sword. Hiccup throws me his and we start to fight. I'm not killing someone else, even though he deserves it... I can't afford another death to be caused by my bare hands. It's hard but with every swing I resist the urge to slash open his neck.

All is going well, until... He cuts my arm. I grasp it in pain, but continue to fight, despite Hiccup trying to stop me. If I'm passing out because of blood loss, Dagur has to be in jail first.

With another swing, I ignore the pain in my arm and cut at his kneecap, making him stumble. But the mother fucker keeps fighting. Where's the chief when I need him to arrest someone?

The blood dripping down my arm doesn't distract me, with each swing and hit, I'm gaining more power to over throw the bastard.

"(Y/N) STOP! YOU'RE TOO WOUNDED!" Hiccup yells.

"NOT YET!" I yell back griping my sword with both hands, staring my blood on the handle as I slash at Dagur.

So much is going though my head right now. It doesn't help that the amount of blood rushing out of my body is making me light headed.

"(Y/N) STOP!" Hiccup yells.

"NOT UNTIL HES BEHIND BARS OR DEAD!" I scream back.

Hiccup runs at me and tries to pull me back, but I continue to push against him and fight Dagur.

"DIE ALREADY!" Dagur yells.

"WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE!" I tell back in frustration.

My blood is starting to stain Hiccups sleeves as he pulls me back.

"LET GO! I NEED TO FIGHT!" I exclaim.

"YOU'RE LOOSING TO MUCH BLOOD!" Hiccup yells back.

I sigh and block a swing in the process knowing what I have to do. For the good of me, Hiccup and Berk for that matter.

"I'm sorry Hiccup"

I spread my wings, making Hiccup fall and release his grip on me. With one giant movement, I take to the skies and throw my sword to the ground, firing up a plasma blast, if this stops the battle, I guess I have no choice.

My hands glow purple as the blast charges.

I aim my hands at Dagur, who by now- knows he's fucked.

"Any last words?" I said.

"Good luck with that cut..."

Uh oh.

I pull my hand back to fire when a loud voice echoes across the Forrest we're in.

"HOLD YOUR FIRE!"

I quickly aim away and shoot at a tree instead. I land to my feet and see Stoick, along with the Berk fleet. TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH.

"It's over Dagur" he said as he walked toward him, quick overpowering him and tying him up.

"Life long prison sentence coming up"

As Dagur is taken away, the chief instructs us to go directly home and clean up, thanks us for our bravery and leaves.

As the gang help each other up, I look over at Hiccup with a sorrowful look, I didn't want to push him away, I knew we'd both be safer that way, but I had to do something about Dagur, my hopes of him understanding faded quickly as I saw him look away and walk over to pick up his sword.

I turn back and instantly feel guilt, and lots of it. Not to mention the loss of blood has made me feel quite lightheaded.

"(Y/n)! Your hair!"

I turn to see Astrid pointing to my head, I pull my hair aside to see a long blue streak start to form and the gash on my arm glow a matching colour.

"I-" I cut myself off and sigh "I need some time alone..." I say looking over at Hiccup, who doesn't even look back at me.

I run off and jump off the cliffs, taking flight as I fell, I spread my wings and fly off landing on the nearest secluded island I could find.

When I landed I looked over at the gash, that was still bleeding and slightly glowing. I ripped a bit of my shirt off and wrapped it around my arm to stop the bleeding. Then I took a look at the new blue streak. Accepting that the sword must have had something on it, causing some kind of magical disturbance.

I bring my knees up to my chest and curl up, looking over at the water.

Im sorry for that Hiccup... Forgive me?

I sigh again and look back at my wings... Stupid wings... Why me?