Chapter 99 | emotional roadshow

Reader POV

Hiccups been acting... Different. I don't know why, it can't be puberty- his voice dropped ages ago.

It can't be bullying, everything is fine in the village.

It can't be loneliness- the gang and I have been hanging out with him all week.

What is it?

This is the worst time this could happen, because I've started to get scales on my arms, and I think I'm starting to hear voices... But I have to fight it, for Hiccup.

"Are you ok?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder "be honest"

"I-I just, don't know who I am... It's been bothering me since we stayed on dragons edge... I was basically the leader and it made me wonder, am I meant to be chief soon? Or what?"

"Hiccup, you still have 4 years to find yourself, you won't start getting the chief speech until you're at least 20, and that's ages away! You're gonna be just fine"

"But... Who am I now?" He asked.

"You're Hiccup, you're young, you crave danger, you're an explorer, dragon trainer, boyfriend, friend, and just a good person in general, just be you, if you want to change a bit, go ahead, just don't go insane ok?"

Hiccup pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thanks, I needed that" he said.

"You can always talk to me" I smiled.

Hang from the rafters.

What?

I pulled away a bit, only to have Hiccup ask:

"You ok?"

"Yeah, I just thought I heard someone outside"

"Oh, alright. I have to go to feed the dragons, wanna cuddle when I get back?"

I nodded with a smile.

Hiccup gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked out.

"See you soon then"

I sat on the end of the bed.

I swear... I heard someone.

Do it, hang from the rafters.

There it is again!

"Why?"

Because it's fun!

"Wha-"

I looked down at my arms, more and more scales slowly starting to appear on my wrists.

I think... I'm going crazy.

Come on! Have some fun!

"Nope not listening"

I put my head in my hands and focused on trying to make it stop.

Don't escape it, you know you want to.

"I'm not going Harley Quinn on the village, now now"

Yes you are, with my own little twist...

"Stop, stop, stop!"

I looked up in the mirror to see my usually (e/c) eyes, were now a bright lime green, with dragon like slits for pupils.

Just do it.

And at that moment, something inside me... Snapped.