Chapter 107 | who is in control?

Reader POV

Ever since those nightmares started again. I haven't been myself, even with Hiccup by my side the entire time. Apparently I've started talking dragon in my sleep, I didn't find that weird because Hiccup sometimes does, but according to Hiccup last night I started sleepwalking... But, in a different way. Not the standard zombie-like walk around the house thing, he said my eyes were glowing and my fangs were out, he assured me I didn't hurt him, but I'm still scared I will.

I haven't been in control of my dreams, my fangs, my claws and my mysteriously glowing dragon eyes. Which really worries me. Due to this I haven't slept in a while, I'm too scared too.

But Hiccup told me I needed to sleep, and that he'd watch me tonight to make sure I'm ok, I just hope I don't go nuts.

Hiccups POV

That horrible silence has been bugging me ever since Berk went to sleep, but I have to stay awake to watch (y/n) for both our sakes.

I haven't told her everything, she can't be too stressed about it or it might have a bad impact on her dragon side, whenever she talks in her sleep, it's in dragoniese and its like a spell, it triggers her dragon side, and I swear someones behind it, it must be linked with that silence that's been annoying me for days.

Right now, she's curled up in bed with one of my shirts on and her face buried in a pillow, her wings tucked in and her tail sticking out of the blankets.

I love her wings, it's what makes her... Her. She's so unique and different but keeps that normal side to her, not to mention how happy she looks when she's solo flying and those cute little scales in her nose.

I sat quietly in a chair by the window, watching her sleep by the light of a candle, I had a blanket wrapped around myself to stay warm, even though it's summer, it's still freezing here on Berk.

The dragons slept silently throughout  the house, not making a single sound. My parents were asleep and the neighbours weren't making any noise. It's too quiet. It's annoying me. It's haunting me.

"natt fury vaken"

I instantly sit up to see (y/n) sitting cross legged on the bed, her wings spread, her tail wrapped around her, her claws and fangs out. I approached her slowly, worried for her well being.

Her eyes snapped open, a bright glow of lime green erupted from her gaze, her pupils slits.

"(Y/n)" I whispered, snapping my fingers in front of her.

She didn't move.

I didn't move.

She suddenly stood up and stared out the window, I followed her gaze, she was looking straight at the moon, or was she? Maybe someone's gotten ahold of some spells, maybe someone's there. Maybe... Its someone we all know and hate.

If anyone if using magic to control her, it's got to be someone holding a grudge against dragons, Berk or me.

Suddenly she sprinted forward and leaped out the window.

I rushed out the door and followed her.

She walked toward the beach, where she stood on the shore, staring at the moon. I heard her take a deep breath.

"drake mästare , lämna mig ensam ... please ... du inte kontrollera mig
för lång tik" she's speaking two languages in one, dragoniese and something I don't understand. It's not Norse and it's not English.

What is it.

"(Y/n), (y/n) wake up!"

There was a pause and silence. Dead silence.

Suddenly she gripped her chest and fell to her knees, screaming in pain.

"(Y/N)!"

I dropped beside her as she stopped. She shook her head and looked up at me with tears in her eyes and confusion written in her gaze as she returned to normal.

"(Y/n)!" I pulled her into a hug, to which she returned.

"What happened? Did I hurt you?" She said with a sad crack in her voice.

"No, no, no you didn't! But something hurt you, you were in a trance, speaking in another language and then you screamed in pain and returned to normal, you kept looking at the moon" I explained.

"I'm scared, somethings after me..." She sobbed.

"Shhh... It's ok, I'm here, I'm not letting anything happen to you ok? Now let's get you back to bed"

I picked her up bridal style and carried her back home where I placed her on the bed. Crawling in next to her, I put a comforting arm around her, and kissed her forehead.

"Everything will turn out ok, I promise, we'll figure this all out soon alright, now get some sleep, I'll watch you" I said in a reassuring tone.

She kissed me goodnight and not long after fell asleep in my arms.

I really hope she's ok...

And I hope whatever's controlling her knows there's no chance they'll win.