Chapter 123 | let the fun begin

Reader POV

"HICCUP COME ON!" I yell as he ran though the crowd and up to me.

"You're fast" he puffs

"I'm a dragon, duh"

I grab his hand and we weave though the crowd, the sky was a orange and pink mix as the sun slowly started to set. I wanted to get in as much games and rides as I could before midnight. After pushing though the crowds, we finally made it to where all the carnival games are. Handing over my money, I grabbed a ring and started to throw them at the glass bottles at the back of the booth, missing every try. Then Hiccup decided to be adorably stereotypical and play the game himself. Winning a massive dragon toy for me. I smirked at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"You're so cliché" I said.

"You love it"

Earning a giggle, I nudged him lights and grabbed his hand, we walked though the crowds and played a few more games. But Hiccup had other things in mind. After winning a few more prizes, he took my hands and pulled me toward the deserted beaches. What he was doing I have no idea.

He put our stuff down and gave me a massive hug, I was confused but hugged back anyway.

"You alright?" I asked.

"(Y/n), I just wanted to thank you. For everything, the whole year-"

He pulled away and grabbed my hands, looking me dead in they eye.

"Call it fate but you showed up at the right time. If you hadn't, I'd probably be alone and on the run, maybe even dead. You helped me though my toughest times, you believed in me when no one else would, you loved me when I needed it most and you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I know it's been a hard year, but just remember that I love you with all my heart, and I always will, I'll never ever forget you and I won't let anything happen to you. You're my angel, my guardian dragon and I never want to leave your side. (Y/n) you're my soulmate. I love you so much"

His words make me want to cry with joy.

"I know you're one to love singing and dancing, and even though I'm not that good..." He took a step back and held out a hand. I smiled and gladly took it.

"What song reminds you of me?" He asked.

I though for a good long while, but when I came up with it I knew he'd love it. I began to hum the beginning of the song, earning a smile from him. And his arms around my waist as I slid mine onto his shoulders, staring into his electric green eyes.

"Riding down, riding down
My hand on your seat
The whole way round..."

Hiccup began to lead our little dance by rocking me back and fourth as we began to sing.

"I carry band-aids on me now
For when your soft hands hit the jagged ground"

A smile grew on my face as he began to sing with me, he's better than you'd think, his singing voice sounds like his normal voice and that's what I love about it.

"Wheels aren't even touching the ground
Scared to take them off but they're so worn down"

This song reminds me of Hiccup because he was quite slow to open up. He started of extremely shy, but over time he really opened up. And look where we are now. We've come so far this year and I can't wait for it to go further.

"Promise I won't push you straight to the dirt
If you promise me you'll take them off first"

As we danced neck and fourth around the beach in front of the sunset. We started into each others eyes and smiled.

"I love everything you do
When you call me fucking dumb for the stupid shit I do"

Slightly giggling at the line, as he smirked as he sang it I gave him a slight whack on the arm, knowing that he was saying that line to my crazy side. The one that makes be do stupid shit.

"Wanna ride my bike with you
Fully undressed, no training wheels left for you"

He bought me into a hug and we rocked back and fourthly gently, he kissed my cheek and we just enjoyed each other's presence.

"I'll pull them off for you..."

I smiled at him and grabbed his collar, pulled him in and smashed my lips onto his, enjoying every bit of this perfect kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he gave me a tight squeeze around the waist.

Slowly breaking the kiss, I smiled, looking into his eyes again.

"I love you Hiccup"