Chapter 83 | dancing is like flying

Reader POV

Taking his hand, he lead me onto the floor, letting me put my weight on him because of the wound.

Even with his disadvantage of having only one leg he's a great dancer.

Hiccup lead me across the floor, swaying me back and forth, I smiled and stared deeply into his soul-capturing, deep Forrest green eyes that could melt any girls heart.

The song reminded me of one of my favourite songs from the 21st century, Talk me Down.

Troye Sivan is the perfect person to sing it, and the song reminds me of life before I met Hiccup.

Life in my home world, when I'd sing to my posters on the verge of tears wishing Hiccup was real.

I'm so lucky to be able to have him.

I stepped in and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly, he snaked his arms around my waist and hugged me back.

We gently rocked back and forth to the music as I buried my face in his chest and he rested his head in mine.

"I love you puddin" I said.

"I love you too milady" he said kissing my fore head then going back to dancing with me in his arms and his chin on my head.

"I'm the luckiest girl in the world"

"I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have someone like you"

Eventually the song stopped and we went back to sit at the table.

"You look amazing tonight" Hiccup said pulling me onto his lap.

"You look better" I responded.

"No way you do, your just stunning"

"But you're so hot" I said in a small voice.

"What was that?" He teased.

"You're so hot" I said a little louder.

"Did I hear hot?"

"Fine, you're so hot and cute and gorgeous and everything, and yet you pick me? Why?"

"Because you're kind, humorous, caring, cute, brave, and even though you're a little broken on the inside, I can help you smile that adorable smile again, Because I love you"

I snuggled into his chest.

"Gods I love you"

"And you're shorter than me and it's adorable" he added.

I lightly hit him for that.

"Shut up you tall fishbone"

He giggled at my childish behaviour.

"I really have to get the village something, they've gone to so much trouble for me" I said.

"Your presence is enough sweetie" Hiccup said rubbing my arm as he hugged me.

"You're to kind puddin"

"Puddin? That's new" he said.

"Yeah" I giggled "you're my Joker and I'm your Harley Quinn"

"Lemme guess, (c/n) sent you a movie" he said.

"Yep"

"Let's get outta here and watch it" Hiccup said.

"Sure thing puddin"