Chapter 96 | heroic Hiccup

Hiccup POV

I've never seen her like this... It's so... Painful to watch.

She's been refusing to eat or go outside, and all I've been doing for her doesn't seem to be helping.

I need to end this.

But... How?

"Sweetie?"

"Mmm?"

"I'll be right back ok? I'm just getting something from the markets" I lied.

There was a hum of 'OK' from the pile of blankets beside me, I walked out and sighed. This is killing me, if I can't fix this, I'm just going to join her and cuddle under the blankets for the rest of our lives.

I walk outside and instantly hear the rumours, again...

"Yeah apparently she slapped her"

"No way!"

"Way!"

I know that's not true, she's never hurt an- never mind but not intentionally.

I have an idea. I just hope it works.

"Hey Hiccup" I turn at the sound of a girls voice.

"What?" I said slightly infuriated.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why her?"

Ok plan B.

I walked up to the group of girls and jabbed a finger into one of their shoulders.

"You all listen here, I picked her because she's broken, and I want to fix her, I fell in love with that little dragon girl because of her kindness, even when she had to leave her life behind, she's cute, nice, and humble, she's not up herself, she's not mean, she's not a bitch, and she didn't slap that girl-"

By now a crowd was around me as my voice started to raise in anger.

"She might not be strong, she might not be as 'grown' as you all are but none of that matters, because she's the most beautiful person in her own way, she doesn't rush thing, she doesn't use me, she loves me just as much as I love her, I didn't just pick her for the wings, I picked her because she's (y/n), she may not be anything all you popular people are but she's better"

My ranting and raving had now attracted the gang and my parents.

"(Y/n) is everything I wished for, my soulmate, my future wife for THORS SAKE. I want to fix her broken soul but all this bullying from you guys isn't helping-"

At this point, my voice started to crack and my eyes started to tear up.

"That girl actually did try and flirt with me, (y/n) had all the right to confront her, I would have done the exact same. She's refusing to eat or go outside because of you. She's beings consumed by drama and that's not what either of us want-"

I could feel the hot tears start to stream down my face as I spoke my feelings to all of Berk. The crowd and girls with shocked looks on their faces.

"I picked her because I LOVE HER. FOR WHO SHE IS AND I LOVE EVERY BIT OF HER! S-so s-stop bullying h-her..."

With that I tuned and ran off, leaving a shocked crowd behind me.

Sprinting up to my house in tears, I barged through the door and scrambled upstairs, slamming my bedroom door behind me, causing (y/n) to look over at me.

"Hiccup?!"

I ran over and pulled her into my arms wrapping all my limbs around her and burring my face into her shoulder.

"I love you"