Chapter 46: Confusion at its Finest

Well today was the beginning of the camping trip. Today was the day I'd been dreading. I was extremely terrified that something was gonna go wrong because, lets face it, something always goes wrong.

On the bright side though, Jordan and I made up. After our little altercation he won my forgiveness with pizza and ice cream. Then I invited him (more like forced him) to tag along on this camping trip. And of course I invited (once again forced) AJ to come.

Max, Lindsay, Jordan, AJ, Grayson, and I met up with River and Allison at their place. Grayson was gonna be staying there with Rome and Maracel for the weekend.

As soon as we walked inside, AJ, and Lindsay flipped the hell out.

"Whoa! Dude you didn't tell us you lived in the playboy mansion!" AJ stated.

"How can people even afford houses like this?!" Lindsay asked.

Meanwhile, Jordan, who was obviously impressed with the place as well, pretended like it didn't phase him.

"Hey champ, come downstairs will you." River shouted.

Within seconds Rome was running down the stairs and ran straight to me.

"KITKAT!!!!" He yelled excitedly as he wrapped his arms around one of my legs.

"Hey there Rome!" I replied with just as much enthusiasm.

River picked him up and introduced him to the others.

"Rome... this is Lindsay, Jordan, and AJ... Cassidy's friends."

"Wow he's a major cutie!" Lindsay stated.

"Well, look who his dad is." River remarked with a smirk.

"Hey don't take all of the credit." A voice said from behind me.

Soon enough Allison walked up and stood next to River.

"How are you all? I'm Allison, River's wife." She introduced herself. "Nice to see you again Max."

Max greeted her and the others introduced themselves as well.

"I'll be right back." River said as he put Rome down and went upstairs.

Meanwhile, Jordan and AJ stood gawking at Allison while Lindsay mean mugged her hard. I nudged her in the side to make her stop. She looked at me and I gave her a warning glare.

"Stop it." I mumbled.

She defeatedly crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, is there a problem?" Asked Allison, directing her question towards Lindsay.

Lindsay huffed and judging by her face, she was about go off.
AJ grabbed her arm.

"We'll be outside." He stated as he led her out the front door.

Which was good because the last thing I needed was for Lindsay to get into a fight with River's wife.

"Well since everyone's here now I suppose we could get going." Allison said. "Would one of you mind going upstairs to get River for me? I have to grab something from the dining room really quick."

"Sure." I replied.

I went upstairs to look for River while Jordan and Max stayed downstairs chatting with Grayson and Rome who, btw, were talking their ears off.

The longer I searched for River the more I started to regret volunteering to look for him. I went from room to room and he was no where in sight. I even glanced into his room.