Chapter 38: Damegerous

Lindsay's P.O.V.

"Mom where's my shampoo!" I yelled from my room.

I was getting ready to go to an all night- into the morning party later with Mariah and Sabrina at a club in downtown.

It started at 2 am but it was nearly 1 already and I still hadn't even started getting ready.

"How should I know?" She answered.

"Because you're the only other person that comes in my room!"

"Well I didn't touch your shampoo Lindsay."

"Ugh." I loudly exaggerated to show her that I was obviously frustrated. "I can't shower until I get some shampoo!"

"Well I'll just run to the store and get some." She gave in.

"Thanks mom. You're the best."

"Yea whatever." She replied.

I sat on my bed and decided to call Cassidy. She said that they were gonna be back here by tomorrow night but since Riley was in the hospital I wasnt sure if they'd changed their minds or not.

"Hello..." She answered.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.

"Well I just found out that River has a son.... Oh, and he's married too."

"WHAT!" I yelled. "That asshole! Wait- so are you two over?"

"No, I don't think so..."

"That guy's ego is ridiculous. I honestly don't see how you can deal with it." I said. "Are you all gonna be back tomorrow?"

"Yea. Riley's doing a lot better. Think my paranoia has faded enough so that I can leave without being too worried about him. "

"Great! I hope he keeps getting better. Poor guy's so young."

"Yea me too.... Well I'll see you tomorrow. Have fun with Mariah and Sabrina."

"Ok, bye."

I hung up and texted Max. I hadn't heard from him in two days.

Me: Hey babe wyd?

Max: Hey, and not much just listening to Madison complain to me about her boyfriend.

Me: Lol awe she wants her big brother to kick his ass

Max: Sucks for her because I don't fight 17 year old douchebags.

Me: Smart guy. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!"

Max: Yea.

Me: What? Are you not happy to see me?

Max: No I am.

Me: Why are you acting weird.

Max: I'm acting weird?

Me: Yes. Just a tad bit.

Max: Oh, sorry.

Me: Max what's wrong?

Max: Nothing.

Me: I hate when you do this.

Max: Do what?

Me: Whenever something's wrong you never talk to me about it and pretend like everything's okay.

Max: Babe I'm fine.