Chapter 107: Changes

River's P.O.V.

"You want us to do what!?"

"Just think of it as a vacation." Cato insisted.

"You want us to spend 6 months in France.... That's a long ass vacation."

"River, not only are we dealing with Mark but we're dealing with Peter as well. You don't know just how dangerous this guy is. What happened at the safehouse was NOTHING compared to what Peter's capable of. The best way to keep all of you safe is by getting you as far away from Peter as possible."

"But why France?"

"Because you're familiar with the country. And because we have our second strongest base in France. You'll have people there in case something goes wrong. I've already called my father and let him know that you all will be arriving soon and he insisted that every one of you stay at his home."

"I haven't even spoke to Grandpa in over two years."

"Well now's the time to fix that. You'll arrive there Tuesday."

"So basically, we only have two days to get our shit together?"

"That's more than enough time."

"Not if we're gonna be gone for 6 months. Plus we haven't even left Colorado yet. And Xander's funeral is Wednesday. The earliest we'll be ready is Friday."

"Friday's not gonna work."

"It's gonna have to."

He paused and stayed silent for a while then continued.

"Fine. But Friday morning. No later."

"No promises."

"River..."

"What? I'm just being honest."

"You're so much like your father its ridiculous." He retorted. "Now, make sure everyone knows to be ready by that time. You'll meet me at the rift and I'll have a plane waiting there."

"Wait- who's everyone?" I asked.

"You didn't think I just meant your family and Max did you?"

"Yes actually."

"Oh no, I meant everyone that has come into direct contact with Mark or Peter or any of Mark's men."

"And who are those people?"

"Shall I list them off?"

"Please do."

"So there's you, Cassidy, the kids, Maxwell, Lindsay, Jordan, Aiden, Ryan, Sonny, Journey, Legend... And who were the two kids that were with Xander?"

"Riley and Madison..."

"Yes... Them as well. I've already gotten ahold of Daniel and he's assured me that he has enough protection through his agency."

"Are you serious Cato?"

"Yes. You ALL are in danger and need to leave. No exceptions. Stormy and Tommy will be accompanying you all as well for the duration of your 'vacation'."

This was just overwhelming.

Just the thought of spending half a year in France wasn't very welcoming to me.

After I got off of the phone with Cato I went back inside and joined everyone else in the living-room.

All of their eyes immediately shifted towards me when I walked in.

"What happened?" Cassidy asked.

"What?"

"You look uneasy. What happened?"