Chapter 42: Normality

"We seriously could've just skipped today." Jordan said as we took our seats in anatomy.

"We have tests coming up. We can't keep missing class all the time." I stated.

"Whatever." He replied. "The only reason why you wanna be here is because your stupid boyfriend is here."

"Jordan stop it."

"But its true." He added.

I honestly considered staying home today but I figured that since it was our first day back from break our professors would be giving us a lot of information about the new semester and I didn't want to miss anything.

Aaaaand of course River and I made up. He called me last night and did his usual "say something that will make me forgive him" thing and of course, I forgave him.

Jordan started to doze off but Lindsay pinched him causing him to jump.

"Don't do that." He complained as he put pressure on the spot where she pinched him to stop the pain.

"How about you not sleep through class and I won't pinch you. Deal?" She asked.

"Class hasn't even started yet!" He argued. "Pinch me again and I'll spaz the hell out on you."

"There will be no spazzing or anything of the sort in here. At least, not yet." River said as he made his way to the front of the room.

"Why does he always do that? He literally comes out of no where and hears everything I say." Jordan whispered to us.

I grinned and shrugged my shoulders because I truly had no idea.

"Welcome back my lovely students from a long break. I'm sure you're all extremely excited to be here and can't wait to start preparing for the many tests you're being forced to take this semester." River greeted sarcastically.

Everyone groaned. One guy even started beating his head on the table.

"How was your break?" Carla asked River.

"My break was, pretty amazing." He replied as he made eye contact with me and smiled.

"Happy to be back here with your grlfriend?" She asked.

"Her and I are no longer together." He stated.

"Why? What happened?" Her question sounded more happy than concerned.

"Since you're not gonna leave me alone until you get answers, I guess I have no choice but to tell you." He responded. "I just didn't feel a connection with her anymore. Her desirableness faded."

"That's unfortunate. Although, I'm totally single. Just letting you know."

"Stop crushing on old guys. Its weird." Beast said to her.

Jordan, Lindsay and I couldn't help but to laugh because we knew River despised being called old.

"You do realize that I'm only 28 right?" He asked Beast.

"Wow, you're 28? How is that even possible? Don't you need a like a PhD to be a professor/doctor? Those take forever to get man there's no way you have one already."

"Actually..." River began. "You only need a PhD to be a professor. You need a MD in order to be a doctor. I graduated high school when I was 16, got my bachelor's degree when I was 20, finished medical school at 24, got my MD at 26 and my PhD at 27."

"What the hell am I doing with my life?" I thought to myself.

"Where did you get your degrees?" A girl in the back asked.