Chapter 110: Teen Shenanigans

Max's P

Max's P.O.V.

Lindsay and I had just made it over to River and Cassidy's place.

Cato wanted everyone to stay together the night before we left so that nothing would happen.

It was a little past midnight when we walked in and we were instantly met with an ongoing argument.

"All I asked was why do I have to go to freaking France for 6 months!" Elise yelled at River.

"And I told you why!" River yelled in retaliation.

"No you didn't! You're beating around the bush and not telling me everything!"

"I told you what you needed to know!"

"No you told me some bullshit! What if I don't even wanna go!?"

"You don't have a choice!"

"I never have a choice when it comes to you! Its always your way or no way! You're so controlling and its annoying!"

"I'm controlling because you always insist on doing stupid shit Elise! I do this to protect you!"

"Well I don't need your protection! I just want you to back off and give me at least a little bit of freedom ! I'm 16 for crying out loud!"

"Yea a 16 year old drama queen that complains about every little fucking thing when things don't go your way!"

"I'm almost an adult! I should be able to make my own decisions!"

"You're just a kid! What kind of father lets their 16 year old daughter who doesn't know a damn thing about responsibility make her own decisions!?"

"One that trusts his daughter!"

"You haven't shown me that I can trust you! In fact everything you do pushes me further away from trusting you! I tell you to be home at a certain time and you always push the limits and show up an hour later! I tell you to help Maracel watch your siblings and when I come home there's always something that's been broken and you're always upstairs laying on your ass not giving a shit about what's happening around you! I tell you not to do something but you go against my word and do it anyway! What makes you think I should trust you?"

"Have you ever taken the time to think that maybe I don't listen to you because you haven't given me a chance to gain your trust? You're the one that has trust issues! You hardly trust anyone because you're afraid that once you start giving your trust away you'll become vulnerable and weak. You're too paranoid to let your guard down that's why you always carry a gun with you. You're too blind to see that there are people that are actually on your side that's why you're afraid to get close to anyone. And you're too convinced that one day everyone you know is gonna die because of you that's why you push everyone away. Just like you're pushing me away."