Chapter 153: Voices

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"What would you have done?" I asked River as we sat in the mancave watching Forrest Gump.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what if I found out i was pregnant tomorrow and wanted an abortion...."

"I'd ask why."

"What if its just because its my decision? Would you be okay with it?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I dont believe in getting abortions unless its absolutely necessary."

"Any reason for why you think that?"

"I'm a doctor Cassidy. I know how abortions can affect the body. That and I just dont agree with getting them."

"So if I were to get one anyways... You'd be against my decision?"

"I didn't say that. I wouldn't like your decision though I'd support it. You're in control of your own body."

"What if Stormy and I did have a kid yet our relationship didn't work out and instead you and I got back together...."

"It wouldn't bother me. Does it bother you that I have a kid with Allison?"

"No, not at all."

"Exactly. Now, stop feeling upset about your little altercation with Stormy."

"I can't..." I groaned. "I knew he'd react bad but not THAT bad."

"He'll come around.."

"I hope so. I hope he eventually pulls through ALL of this. I'm actually starting to get scared. Even though he and I weren't ever really together I still care about him. And I hate that he's been stuck in this downhill spiral for so long. Do you think he'll ever go back to being the old Stormy?"

"Definitely not. He'll heal eventually but he's gonna be left with a scar."

"That's expected I guess.... So what made you decide to tell me about you and Lindsay?"

"I don't know I just hated keeping it from you."

"How'd it happen?"

"Well... It just- happened. We were in my room, talking, and I said something that pissed her off. I started laughing then she got even more pissed and tried to slap me. I grabbed her and held her against the wall to try to control her but it was a struggle because I couldn't stop laughing and it was only making her even more irritated so I kissed her to calm her down. She didn't pull away, neither did I... Things kinda went from there. I didn't realize what I'd done until afterwards."

"So it was just once?"

"Twice. The second time we were both just sexually frustrated and needed to blow off some steam. You're not gonna hold it against her are you?"

"No. I slept with Max more times than I can remember and a few of those times was when he was with Lindsay so I can't really hold that against her."

"You gonna talk to her about it?"

"I don't know... Maybe. Just to let her know that you've already told me.... I do have a question though... And its really random but you didn't answer last time I asked..."

"Probably for a good reason."

"Will you answer this time?"

"Depends what it is..."

"Just say you will..."

"No way."

"Babe... Please?"