Chapter 2: Meeting the Devil

J grabbed my waist and pulled me against him. I could feel his breath crawling down my neck as he brought his lips to my ear.

"I want you." He whispered and pressed his lips against my neck moving them in a gentle motion. I bit my lip and moaned at the feeling.

"Cassie?" He said though I ignored him.

"Cassie?!" He said a bit louder this time.

"CASSIDY!!!!!" He screamed which caused me to scream in response.

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!" I yelled.

Suddenly I found myself staring at the ceiling. I turned my head and saw J sitting next to me on my bed.

"Because I've been calling your damn name for the past 5 minutes! Get up! We have class in an hour." Jordan stated as he grabbed a pillow and shoved it in my face.

"I don't waaaaanna goooo to that hell hole."

Next thing I knew I was being dragged off of the bed and found myself face down on the floor.

"You're going. If I have to go so do you. Now get up and get dressed." With that Jordan walked out of my room and across the hall to his.

While I was on the ground I could only think of one thing. Why the hell did I have a dream about Jordan kissing me? I mean, J kisses me all the time but never in a romantic way. I'd probably cut him if he did. And in all honesty, he was very good looking but still, he was like my brother. I decided to ignore the dream and start getting dressed. I chose to wear something simple and comfortable...a white shirt, gray cardigan, sweatpants, and a black pair of sperry's. Within 30 minutes J and I were in his truck heading to the university.

"So how did it go last night?" I asked as we were driving down a backroad.

"Uh, it- it was fine. I uh- I didn't stay as long as I thought I would although when I came back home you were already sleeping."

I turned my head towards him and saw a nervous look on his face. Something wasn't right. My eyes trailed down his arms and stopped when I noticed his fists were bruised. He saw me staring at them and tried to hide them by covering them with his jacket.

"Jordan, what happened?" I asked concerned.

He didn't respond.

"Jordan? Talk to me...please."

"Nothing." He replied while trying to avoid looking at me.

I decided to ignore it and maybe talk to him about it later. He looked really upset.

We finally made it to the university after about 10 minutes of silence between us. I grabbed my bag and was heading to the university's entrance when all of a sudden someone grabbed my arm. I turned around and came face to face with Lindsay, a close friend of mine.

"Hey Lindsay! How'd your weekend go?" I asked with a genuine smile.

She looked at me and gave me one of her killer smiles. "Great! But did you hear?"

"Hear what?"

"Professor Oliver got fired!"

"Professor Oliver? Our anatomy professor?" I retorted.

"Yea! And they said the new professor is taking over already. I heard he's pretty hot. Like, model hot." She said with a wink.

"Well, we'll have to see about that." I replied as we neared the anatomy room. Soon enough we were inside and I caught a glimpse of Jordan who had already taken his seat. Lindsay and I took our normal seats next to him with me being on his right side and Lindsay on his left and talked while we waited for the new professor to show up.