Chapter 191: Lets Just Fall In Love

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Its just a question..." I said to him.

"Why must you know?"

"Because Sehrem, you just walked out without an explanation. What did you mean when you said that it ruined you?"

He didn't wanna talk about it. But he knew how persistent I was. So he explained.

"I cared about someone deeply once. I wasnt in love with her but I cared for her." He began. "She was ready to settle down... She wanted to get married.... wanted kids, I wasn't ready. We were still pretty young. We got into an argument one night, back before I could fully control my powers. I zoned out, lashed out, and before I could stop myself-"

He stopped and closed his eyes.

"You don't have to finish it..." I said to him. "I'm sorry that happened... But it wasn't your fault, you cant let that affect the rest of your life."

"I've simply learned from it. That's all."

"So you do wanna live alone? For the rest of your life? Grow old alone?"

"Yes. It'll save me from a great deal of pain."

"You're too intelligent for your own good."

"So I've been told." He laughed. "What about you? Do you plan on moving on one day?"

That was the one question I'd been dreading for the last 4 years.

"I honestly don't know." I confessed. "Its been years but I still don't see anything happening anytime soon..."

"Lets just fall in love and call it a day." He smiled.

"Deal."

...

Jordan's P.O.V.

"Listen here homegirl, you might be a 12 year old drama queen but I'm a 32 year old drama queen who just so happens to be your dad

"Listen here homegirl, you might be a 12 year old drama queen but I'm a 32 year old drama queen who just so happens to be your dad... Don't test me." I threatened.

"I believe YOU just threatened me..." Payton replied. "Which gives me a right to tell mom..."