Chapter 76: Fade

Max's P.O.V.

"Dude, you've gotta stop talking shit to them." I warned River.

"You know I can't do that."

"Well you need to just keep your mouth shut! You're bleeding everywhere and need them to bandage you up!"

"Or i could just bleed out and die. Then you can fuck Cassidy all you want."

I knew he wasnt gonna let that go.

"Wait- what?" Danny asked.

I forgot he didnt know.

River looked at me and chuckled to himself. Waiting for me to explain everything to Danny.

"Oh god." Danny began. "Please don't tell me you and Cass-"

"We did." I interrupted "We did."

"You had sex your bestfriend's younger sister? Does Xander know this?"

"Yes I told him. He hasn't forgiven me yet."

He shook his head in disappointment.

The door opened and in came one of the guards.

"Uh yea we kinda need your help." I stated.

"With?" He asked after laughing.

"Well you see, Mark kinda beat the crap out of River and now River's bleeding a lot- everywhere."

"And your point is?"

"River's a hemophiliac. He could die at the rate he's bleeding right now."

"Not my problem." The guard shrugged his shoulders as he grabbed River and pulled him up to his feet. "Mark wants to talk to you alone."

River grunted but didnt resist as the guard led him out.

After the door shut Danny looked over at me with skeptism.

"Something else is going on." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"River's still hiding something. He hasn't told you everything."

"How do you know?"

"I've been in the CIA for over 10 years... Reading people is part of my job."

"What could he possibly be hiding- that includes Mark- that I don't know?"

"Guess we'll find out soon enough."
****************************

River's P.O.V.

His fist went across my face once more in an attempt to get me to give in.

But I refused to.

I closed my eyes and shook my head to try to regain my now blurred vision.

I hardly even felt the pain though.

As I sat in the chair with my hands still handcuffed behind me, I looked down and saw blood rushing down my torso.

Suddenly Mark's fist made its way into my stomach.

I grunted a bit louder as pain shot all throughout my body.

The images of when I was a kid began to flash through my mind.

They used to make me sit in a chair, similar to the one I was in, then they'd tie my hands behind my back. After verbally attacking me, they'd take turns swinging a bat right into my stomach and chest. And they didnt stop until I blacked out.