Chapter 86: Got A Lot of Enemies

Max's P.O.V.

I noticed Ryan sitting on the steps leading up to the front door with something obviously on his mind.

I walked over to him and joined him on the steps.

"You okay?"

"Yea I just- I'm thinking."

"Penny for your thoughts." I said.

He continued to stare at the ground for a while then spoke.

"How could anyone have the guts to kill a 10 year old?"

"Did something happen?" I asked thrown back by his question.

"Elliott, Legend, and I met two little boys back at Blairwood. Scar and Benji, they were twin brothers. They helped us hide from one of the guards but he ended up taking them somewhere. I just saw Benji a few minutes ago and he told me that the guard killed his brother. How could anyone be that heartless?"

"I honestly don't know. This world is full of some cruel ass people."

"Tell me about it."

Suddenly a boy around the age of 14 ran up to us in a panic.

"Kevin's having an asthma attack!" He yelled. "You have to help."

"Fuck." I grunted. "Ryan go with him! I'll be there in a few seconds."

Ryan jumped up and ran with the kid over to whoever Kevin was. I hurriedly opened the front door and ran into the house.

"River grab your inhaler and come outside now!"

I then ran out and towards a group of kids circled around someone.

I manuevered my way through the kids and once I got to the center I saw a boy kneeled over. Ryan was down next to him trying to calm him down.

"Come on breathe at my pace." He said as he tried to get Kevin to slow down his breaths.

Kevin was struggling though.

I turned around and saw River as well as Tommy, Caesar, Danny, Blue, and Stone running towards us.

River made his way through the kids and kneeled down on the ground in front of Kevin.

"Does he know how to use an inhaler?" He asked.

"No." Ryan answered. "Apparently Kevin didn't know he even had asthma.

River lifted Kevin's head up then put the inhaler in his mouth.

"When I say 3 breathe in."

Kevin nodded his head.

"1...2...3."

He pressed down on the inhaler and Kevin inhaled.

"Hold it for 3 seconds."

Kevin did as he was told and they repeated the process one more time.

Eventually his breathing became less erratic.

"We really need to see just how many of these kids have medical problems." River said to Caesar.

"That'd probably be a good idea." Blue added.

"Everyone listen up." Caesar began. "Raise your hand if you have a medical condition that requires medication/medical attention."

Nearly 3/4 of the kids raised their hands.

"Holy hell..." Blue mumbled.

"That's Blairwood for you." River stated.

"Okay River I need you to check each and every kid and see exactly what condition they have. Write down a list of any medication we need to get for them." Caesar instructed.