Chapter 194: You Win.

Logan's P.O.V.

"Kaiser! Morgan! What are you two doing here?" I yelled after Benji and I caught them hiding behind a tree as we gathered the invitations off of the ground.

"We followed you..." Morgan answered. "When you stopped by my mom's house we hid in the floorboard of your car."

"The fact that you just said that so casually concerns me

"The fact that you just said that so casually concerns me." Said Benji.

"We were bored." Said Kai.

"Mom and aunt Lindsay are gonna kill Benji and I if they find out."

"Well I guess they can't find out then."

I rolled my eyes and continued looking fir the invitations.

"Since you two are here why don't you help out."

"And lets make this quick." Benji retorted. "This place is giving me the creeps."

We searched for about a good 20 minutes until we had the majority of the invitations.

Just as we were finishing up we were stopped by Kaiser.

"Did you guys hear that?" He asked.

I listened carefully and heard the sound of footsteps approaching us.

"Hide..." I whispered as we all separated and hid behind different trees.

"We saw all of you." Said a voice.

...

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I paced back and forth in a panic wondering what on earth was about to happen.

It was 2:30 am and had been 3 hours since the incident.

Payton, Journey, and Lindsay were still here because I was worried sick.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom." I said to them as I walked up to my room...

Not expecting Sehrem to be sitting on the end of my bed.

"Jesus Christ you scared the hell out of me Sehrem!"

"I'm sorry." He apologized. "My father and Cato have people out looking for Raes and I and I couldn't risk anyone seeing me come in through the front."

"So you guys managed to get away from them? Thank god. Where are Raes and the kids?"

"That's actually what I came here to talk to you about." He said as he stood up and walked towards me. "Meadow and Hudson are in grave danger at this point. The only way Raes and I will be able to protect them is if we take them somewhere out of sight."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that this is goodbye for now.... Also, on our way to take Meadow and Hudson to a safer place we ran into Logan, Benji, Kaiser, and Morgan. The four of them are witnesses so we have no choice but to keep them under our protection as well. They'll have to stay with us."

"What? Why?"

"Meadow's a 2nd born. Hudson's a 3rd born. Ca'sius, Cato, and many others will find everyone that knows where he and Meadow are. And anyone that refuses to tell them will face fatal consequences. Even Raes and I."

"How long are you two gonna keep them all in hiding?"

"Until we feel that its safe for them to come out."

"Come out of where?"

"The forest."

"Are you talking about THE forest?"

He nodded his head yes. "Its the only place Ca'sius and Cato wouldn't dare to look. After Blue killed Logan's father a truce was broken between us and his people. However I convinced them that we aren't their enemy and they agreed to help us. But keep this between us. Don't tell anyone where we're hiding the kids. Not even Simartè."

"I won't. But wait- are you staying with them too?"

"I have to. Raes and I have betrayed our father which is seen as the ultimate disrespect among our people. Our father will no longer accept us as his sons and will NOT hesitate to kill us if he finds us. We're on our own now."

"So I won't see my kids... Or you... For a while then."

"Its for the best. I promise I'll keep them safe. You have my word."

"I know you will." I felt myself begin to get teary eyed.
Just the thought of not having my kids around for I don't know how long terrified me. But I knew it was the only way to keep them from getting hurt.

"Don't cry." He said as he stepped closer to me. "You'll see them again. I'll make sure of it."

"Will I see you again?" I asked, sort of surprising myself as to why I asked that.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me just a few steps closer to him.

"I hope so." He replied then carefully pressed his lips against mine, giving me a feeling that I hadn't felt in years.

Something within me refused to let me pull away. I then realized it was because I genuinely didn't want to pull away.

"Promise me that if you're ever in trouble, you'll come find me." He insisted.

"Of course."

He stared down into my eyes as a small smile formed in the corner of his mouth.

"You win."

"What?"

"A few years ago you told me that one day I'd finally fall in love... You win."

He gave me one last kiss before turning and walking away.

That was the last time I ever saw Sehrem.