Chapter 173: Promise Me.

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I don't know how but I still managed to hold myself together even after my talk with Dr. Martin.

I walked into the hospital room and sat down next to Simartè.

I could tell she'd been crying by how puffy her face was and how she stared at him in complete heartbreak.

But I needed her input on what to do. I didn't wanna make a decision based solely off of desperation.

"The doctor said that I have until the end of the week to decide on if I wanna pull the plug or not." I said to her. "I want this to be a decision made by all of us though. Not just me.... What do you think I should do?"

She lowered her head and pushed back a stray piece of hair.

"He's in so much pain." She replied, her voice weakened with a great deal of sadness. "I can feel his pain. I didn't think I'd ever suggest pulling the plug but he's suffering so much Cassidy...."

"But maybe if we just give him a little more time he'll pull through. River's strong."

"I know my brother is strong. Trust me, I know. But he's not going to pull through."

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do."

"How?"

"Since the day Apollo and I were born, we've had an unexplainable connection. He's always been able to feel my emotions just like I've always been able to feel his. We know what's going on within eachothers head at all times. And even when we're halfway across the world from eachother, we can still feel eachothers pain. But now that connection gets weaker and weaker each day he's lying in this bed. And the only thing I'm feeling from him is that he's suffering to the point that its overwhelming him. 3 days from now the connection will be gone. I won't be able to feel his emotions or what he's thinking. Yes my brother is strong, but no one deserves to be in this much pain. And it wont go away. He wont get better. He knows he wont. He told me."

"Are you talking to him now?"

"I can't talk to him while he's in a coma. He can't hear me but I can still hear him. He knows that he's dying."

I took a few minutes to process everything she said then Sehrem walked in.

"Simartè father is waiting outside, why don't you go talk to him for a bit." He suggested.

She nodded her head then stood up and walked out as Sehrem took her seat.

"She said that he wont get better." I told him.

"He wont." Sehrem replied. "To be honest, we knew he wasnt going to get any better before we even got him to the hospital."

"What? Why didn't you tell me then?"

"My father knew that you needed time to say goodbye."

"To say goodbye? Why's everyone losing hope all of a sudden?"

"We never had hope Cassidy. His fate was decided the moment that building exploded. Believe me when I say that I wish things could have been different."

"Things can be different if we just give it time."

"You don't understand. And that's okay because you're not like us. Love is what's stopping you from making the right decision. Love is a powerful thing. He loves you just as much, maybe even more than you love him. The only thing you could do now to show him just how much you love him is to put him out of his misery and end his suffering. All I can do is try to guide you, the decision is ultimately yours. But I know that you trust me."

"There's something else though...."

"And that is?"

"I'm pregnant..."

He froze and stared at me, wondering if I was lying or not.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Yea...." I solemnly replied.

"Are you- keeping it?"

"I've been thinking about that.... And yea, I am."

He had a slight look of disappointment which kind of confused me.

"Who else knows about this?"

"Just Lindsay, Journey, and Julia... Why?"

"Don't tell anyone else... At least not anytime soon. Promise me."

"What? Sehrem why?"

"Just please Cassidy. Promise me." He insisted as he stood up.

"Uh... Okay...." I agreed though extremely lost at that point.

He quickly made his way out of the room leaving me there in a puddle of confusion.

What was going on?