Chapter 68: What now?

"I'm so glad you're back." I said, wrapped in his arms as we laid in bed.

He continued staring at the ceiling but didn't say anything.

"What's wrong?"

Still no answer.

"River!"

He snapped out of his trance and looked at me.

"Yes?"

"What's wrong? You don't seem too happy to be back."

"I'm not."

"And why's that?"

"Because, the closer I am to you guys the more danger I'm putting you in. Yet the further away I am the more I risk something happening to one of you."

"So basically you're telling me its a lose-lose situation?"

"Pretty much."

"In that case, I'd rather lose while you're here instead of while you're away. I feel safer when you're around."

He slightly smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Then move in with me."

That took me by surprise a little.... A lot actually. For some reason I just never thought he'd ask me that.

"Are you serious?"

"Of course I am. Its the only way I'll be able to look after you as often as possible. Mark isn't just after me anymore. He knows I'm with you. And as soon as I slip up and take my eyes off of you for a split second he'll come for you. Plus, we're about to have babies. It'll be a hell of a lot easier to raise them while living together as opposed to apart."

"But, I don't wanna leave Jordan alone."

"Jordan's a big boy. He can handle himself."

"But.... Mark..."

"He's not gonna mess with Jordan. His only goal is to take out those that I care about the most. You, the kids, Max, Legend, Journey, my parents...."

"Oh great so he wants to kill us." I said defeated.

"He does." He replied. "But I promise I won't let that happen."

"How can you promise that? You can't be certain of it."

"Look at me..." He said.

I raised my head to meet his eyes. Those gorgeous blue eyes that I missed so much.

"I love you. And I won't ever let anyone hurt you... That includes Mark. You've gotta learn to trust me."

"So what's your plan? Just wait around for him to show up here so you can 'take him out'?"

"No." He laughed. "Just don't worry about it. Max and I will take care of it. Your only concern right now should be those hyper ass babies in your uterus."

I giggled as I realized my stomach was on his.... So he felt the babies kicking insanely.

"Meadow's calm." I said. "Kaiser's the hyper one. He wakes me up in the middle of the night with all of the kicking he does."

"He wants out." He chuckled.

"Clearly he does. He reminds me of you so much already and he's not even here yet."

"How so?"

"Because he drives me crazy more than anyone, he doesn't know when to calm down, he's extremely annoying at times, but I wouldn't trade him for the world."