Chapter 82: Feeling-less

Tommy's P.O.V.

"Where are you?" I asked Mathias as River and I sat in the car parked outside of the gas station.

"We're at the safehouse. Did you two make it out of Blairwood okay?"

"Well River almost killed us when he decided it'd be a good idea to smash through the gates with a car."

"But did you die though?" River asked.

I couldnt help but laugh.

"Other than that though, we're fine."

"Good. Before you come to the safehouse though, I need you guys to stop by Walmart or somewhere and get a shitload of snacks and cases of water."

"For what?"

"Because, until we can figure out what we're gonna do with all of these kids they're gonna have to stay here."

"Alright. We'll be there within the next hour."

After hanging up, River and I headed to Walmart to grab a few things.....

Or A LOT of things I should probably say.

Before walking in i stopped River.

"You sure you wanna go in there like this? You look like you just got attacked by a herd of angry midgets."

"Well your ass isn't gonna know what to get so I don't really have a choice." He said as he walked in.

"Touché." I mumbled.

We grabbed baskets and went straight to the water aisle first. We filled his basket up first with numerous cases of 60 water bottles each.

"This should last about 3 days." He stated. "We'll get more after that."

"You don't even know how many kids are there though." I replied.

"Okay well this is as much as my damn basket can hold now lets go get the other shit."

He was so aggressive.

We turned down the snack aisle and gazed at snacks upon snacks.
While deciding on what to get I noticed a little kid staring up at River.

I tried to shoo him away because I knew how much River hated when people stared at him but the kid didn't get the hint.

River caught me in the middle of shooing and turned his attention towards the kid.

After a few seconds of awkward silence River spoke.

"Its not polite to stare you know."

The kid nodded his head. "What happened to you?"

"Good sex." River replied.

"River!" I exclaimed as I hit his arm.

He shrugged his shoulders then went back to looking at the snacks as the kid casually turned around, tapped on his mom's leg, and asked: "Mommy, what's good sex?"

River and I quietly laughed to ourselves trying hard not to let the kid's mom hear us.

She left eventually, still trying to figure out where her kid heard such a thing.

"You know, its been a while since I've seen Roman though I'm sure you've got him completely corrupt by now."

"Who?" River asked.

"Roman... Your-" Then I stopped.

I remembered Legend telling me something about River's memory. I quickly changed the subject.