Chapter 126: Issues

Sonny's P

Sonny's P.O.V.

I flipped through the channels on the TV as Rome and Grayson laid on the floor playing with their action figures.

It was about 7 pm and the house had been fairly quiet all day.

After River and Max found Logan and Benji roaming around the city, they came home and literally handcuffed Riley, Madison, and Elise to pipes down in the basement. They took away their phones and the only lighting they gave them was a lava lamp that they'd sat in the center of the basement.

They'd been down there for the past 10 hours complaining about how being locked in a basement was considered child abuse even though they weren't hurt the slightest bit, they were given multiple bathroom breaks, they were being fed regularly, and the basement was more of a lounge area so it's not like they were in an unpleasant environment.

Honestly, they were really only angry that the only thing they could do was sit in one spot and talk to each other for countless hours.

It was hilarious.

The doorbell rang and Legend answered it.

"Oh hey Candice, come on in."

Rome and Gray groaned when they heard her name.

Legend walked her into the living-room then went upstairs to get River.

"Hi Sonny." She said.

"Hey."

"Hi cuties." She greeted the kids.

"Hey Caroline." Said Gray.

"Oh my name isn't Caroline." She giggled.

"Charlotte?" Asked Rome.

She shook her head no.

"Casey?" Asked Gray.

She shook her head no once again.

Then Rome and Grayson went back and forth purposely calling her the wrong names.

"Chelsie?"

"Catty?"

"Cameron?"

"Cara?"

"Its Candice..." She finally said.

"Eh, close enough." Grayson replied.

"Why are you here?" Roman rudely asked.

"Just came to talk to your father for a bit." She answered.

"Why? Do you like him?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard him lady." Grayson stated.

"Oh uh... I'm not sure that's something I'd wanna discuss with two kids." She responded, a little taken back.

"Did you know that my dad is dating Cassidy?" Asked Rome.

"He told me that they weren't together at the moment."

"Yes they are. They're just confused." Rome stated. "So don't get any thoughts Camille."

"Its Candice..."

"That's what I said isn't it?"

"Roman, Grayson, don't be mean." I retorted.

"We're not being mean." Grayson said in defense. "We're just letting her know that there are boundaries she's not allowed to cross."

"You two are extremely smart to be so young." She laughed.

"If I were you I'd stay away from my dad." Rome warned. "He's not a big fan of redheads."

"I'm naturally a blonde..."

"Oh so you're a fake redhead?" He asked. "What else about you is fake?"

"Nothing." She chuckled.

"Don't lie to me Cecilia. I know fake boobs when I see them."

"Roman!" I called out.

"And your butt looks a little TOO plump...." Gray added.

"GRAYSON!" I shouted. "Will you two please stop attacking Cindy!"
"Its Candice..." She corrected me.

Oh shit...

"Sorry...." I apologized.

"Just stay away from my dad." Rome said in all seriousness as he and Gray stood up and began walking towards the stairs. "He doesn't need another girl breaking his heart again."

Damn. That hit hard.

"Oh wow..." She mumbled.

"They didn't mean everything they said." I told her though I knew they did. "They're both still a bit upset about River and Cassidy splitting up."

"Ah I see." She replied. "Poor boys. If only they knew that dating their dad isn't my intention at all. He's a great guy but he's a bit too broken for me."

I looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

"He's a broken man. Broken beyond repair. Too many issues."

"Too many issues?" I asked a bit defensively. "You don't have the slightest idea of what he's been through."

"Yes I do. I've lost a kid too. And I've been divorced."

"That's not even 10% of his 'issues'. And its extremely rude that you'd even refer to them as issues."

"I've been through things too but I didn't let them consume me."

"That's because you haven't been through the things he has. Wow, you're a douche."

"I didn't mean it that way."

"I don't care how you meant it. It shouldn't have came out of your mouth at all."

River walked in and I stopped talking in order to save her from her own embarrassment.

"Hey sweetheart." He greeted her as they hugged.

He caught the expression on my face and questioned it.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just feeling a little out of it today. My issues are consuming me." I replied as I stared directly at Candice.

She looked away in guilt and didn't say anything.

"Thought so." I said before leaving.