Heartbreak girl (5SOS) (EmilyxStiles)

*Stiles' POV throughout*

🎶You call me up,
It's like a broken record
Saying that your heart hurts
That you never get over him getting over you,
And you end up crying
And I end up lying,
'Cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do🎶

"Stiles" was the first thing I heard when I picked up the phone, followed by sniffles and a short sob, "Hello? E- Emily?" I asked as I pulled back my phone to check the caller ID, slightly squinting against the brightness of the screen, "What's wrong? Why're you crying at 3am?" I asked as I sat up in bed, trying to wake myself up more.

"I'm sorry for calling so late but, he- he said he might not love me anymore" Emily sobbed into the phone, I could barely understand her, but I understood perfectly that it was about this douchebag she's dating called Todd. "Hey, it's okay" I yawned, "I'm sure he doesn't mean that, he loves you, Emily, I promise," I said the lie I say every week, not meaning a single word, knowing Todd will never love Emily as much as I do.

🎶And when the phone call finally ends,
You say, "Thanks for being a friend,"
And we're going in circles again and again🎶

"Thank you, Stiles, I don't know what I would do without a great friend like you," Emily said, the word friend squeezed my heart to the point where it hurt so much, and I could barely get out "No problem" I felt a tear run down my cheek, I let it fall, she'll never know how much she means to me.

🎶I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the daylight,
I'm right here, when you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?🎶

Lately, I've been dabbling in this song I've been writing, for Emily, and sometimes I thank myself that I can play guitar and that she doesn't know about all the songs I've written since all of them are about her. "I dedicate this song to you, the one who never sees the truth, that I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl. Hold you tight straight through the daylight, I'm right here, when you gonna realize that I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?" I sang the chorus of the latest song I've written, this song is based on all the phone calls we've had, and all the times I've wanted to yell at her that I can love her better than he can, but I never do.

🎶I bite my tongue but I wanna scream out
You could be with me now
But I end up telling you what you wanna hear,
But you're not ready and it's so frustrating
He treats you so bad and I'm so good to you it's not fair.🎶

"Hey, Stiles! Scott!" Emily cheered happily as she walked over to us, "Have either of you seen Todd?" She asked us as the smile slid off my face, I looked over at Scott, the both of us having a silent conversation, should we tell her that he's snogging Mindy? Finally, I looked back at Emily, she was still standing there, as beautiful as ever, a smile on her face, and I couldn't bring myself to break her.

I sighed as I prepared to tell her what she wants to hear, rather than what I want to tell her, "He was here a minute ago, said he was going to the bathroom," I said quickly, not hiding the hatred in my voice as I spoke about him, "Aha, okay thanks guys" she smiled before she quickly ran off, in the direction of the lacrosse field, where she will find Mindy and Todd getting it on.

🎶And when the phone call finally ends
You say, "I'll call you tomorrow at 10,"
And I'm stuck in the friend zone again and again🎶