Chapter 6

Mark's POV

It was time to leave for the orphanage. I didn't know what to expect, and for some reason, I started getting nervous. What if the kid doesn't like me? What if none of the kids like us? What if they're camera shy?

I knew I was probably worrying about nothing. That my dream was still freaking me out a bit. I just couldn't help the weird feeling in my gut.

On the car ride there, Jack was blasting Panic! At the Disco, and I really don't know if that helped calm me down, or if it made me worse.

Then, Crazy=Genius came on.

That was my favorite song by Panic! At the Disco and I couldn't help but want to sing along. I guess Jack saw me smiling—or he just liked the song—because he turned it up even more and we all started singing it.

I was laughing and singing along and damn, I had no idea Dan could make his voice that high pitched.

Before I knew it, we were pulling into the parking lot next to the orphanage. It was four o'clock. We all got out of the car pretty quietly, though a certain Phil was making fun of a certain Dan for a high pitched voice. I laughed along with everyone else, and I had completely swallowed my fear by the time we made it to the door.

Felix ran ahead of us and opened the door. He held it open for Cry, then closed it on the rest of us, mumbling something about "Help your own shipmate".

Dan opened the door for the rest of us, saying, "See Felix, this is how nice people work."

Felix shot him a glare, but before he could say anything, a woman, who looked to be in her early thirties, came out of the side door. When she saw us she almost fell over from surprise. Was she not used to visitors or something?

"Umm, hi! I'm Ms. Higgins, but," she stepped closer to Phil and winked at him, "you can call me Harper."

Phil looked confused, but before he had a chance to say anything, Dan spoke up for him, "Umm, one: Harper Higgins? What an embarrassing name. Two: we're here to foster kids. As a pair."

Dan was protectively standing in front of Phil, while Phil was blushing a bit. What was their ship name? Phan? That's definitely going on my OTP list!

Ms. Higgins looked taken aback. Though, in all honesty, she looked more confused over the fact that we wanted to foster kids than the fact that Dan and Phil were paired together doing so. "You want to foster a kid? From here?"

"Actually, we want to foster three," Cry responded sassily.

"Hallelujah! Someone might actually get some of those asshats out of here!"

Wow, she really shouldn't be the person greeting people.

Jack was the next to respond to this asshole, "Don't call them asshats, dickhead."

He mumbled the last part under his breath, but Ms. Higgins heard loud and clear. "Excuse me?! Would you use that type of language in front of children?!"

Before we had a chance to respond, a child's voice cut in from the other side of the closed door, "YOU LITTLE FUCKER! GET BACK HERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

"Looks like someone already has," I directed at Ms. Higgins.

I could tell Jack was trying not to laugh, but his plan was ruined when Felix shrieked, "SASSIPLIER UP IN THIS!"

Everyone broke into fits of hysterical laughter. Well, everyone except Ms. Higgins, who looked beyond outraged. "Do I need to kick you out?! I don't get any respect from anyone! Not those fuckers!" She pointed toward the door. "And not you assholes who just walked in here acting like you own the place!"