Chapter 90

Mark's POV

Jack, Thomas, and I were sucked upward through the swirling colors. I felt tears prick at my eyes. Even if Dark possessed me or Anti possessed Jack, I'd probably never see them as themselves again.

The trip back up to the human world passed a lot faster than the trip down to the Underworld. After a few seconds, the swirling colors began to turn black and white, and they started to slow down.

Once they had stopped completely, I looked around the room we were in. It was the same room I was in with Anti before he took me to the Underworld. The food that was set out for me was on the table, exactly as it had been left. I looked toward the wall Anti had cut himself at and could still see his blood stains on the floor.

I heard something click before I heard the voice sarcastically cheer, "Mark! You saved Jack! Looks like you also found Thomas Sanders. You must be feeling pretty good."

I forced a smile, knowing she was watching us. "Yeah, I am."

"So I assume you heard about the deal I made with that annoying demon?"

I nodded while Jack yelled, "I'm not playing any of these mind games you asshole!" He walked to the door and turned the doorknob, but it wouldn't budge.

"Sorry, Jackaboy," the voice replied in an extremely annoying voice, "but you won't be getting out of here. I've already sent someone to bring you all to me. We should meet face to face momentarily."

Thomas laughed at her comment as he walked over to the table the food was on. He flipped the table, causing me and Jack to wince slightly before he kicked the table underneath and tore off one of the legs. "Sorry voice lady, but we won't be sticking around for that."

Thomas walked to the door and lifted the table leg over his head. Jack took a step back as Thomas swung the leg at the doorknob, popping it off. Jack shoved his hand through the hole and pushed the doorknob on the other side out.

I walked over to the door and tapped my finger against it, getting it to slowly creak open. I turned around to face the room. "Now, if you'll excuse us, it's time for us to leave."

The voice didn't respond, but I heard the intercom cut out. I smiled before following Jack and Thomas into the hallway.

Jack turned to face Thomas. "That was pretty badass, but are you gonna carry that leg around with you until we get out?"

Thomas glanced at the table leg before looking at me and Jack. "Isn't this the only weapon we have right now? It would be kinda stupid to leave it here, don't you think?"

Jack shrugged while I replied, "Yeah, for now we better keep it."

Jack turned to face me. "Okay Mark, what are we doing first?"

I tilted my head a bit. "Are you putting me in charge?"

Thomas and Jack exchanged a sideways glance before they both replied, "Yeah?"

"Why? I clearly haven't been responsible during the past few days. You two would probably find it in your best interest to just have all of us make decisions as a group."

Jack brought a hand up to his face. "We'd still be making decisions as a group, but someone has to have the overall say in things or we won't get anywhere."

"Why do you want me to be that person, though?" I asked.

"Mark," Thomas started, "Dark filled all of us in on what's been happening here. Jack got kidnapped almost immediately after arriving here, so he doesn't know the layout. I just found out who all is here, and I wouldn't be surprised if we come across other people who aren't supposed to be here. You know the most about where we are and what we're doing."