Chapter 55

Dan's POV

"The Underworld?" Phil echoed.

"The Underworld isn't real!" Percy yelled. "Besides, how would you get a living person to the Underworld in the first place?"

Alex smirked. "There are several ways to get someone to the Underworld. Many of them include murder–"

"You're not telling us you killed one of our friends, are you?" Nate asked.

"Of course not," Alex answered. "The master doesn't kill unless it is absolutely necessary."

"Then how did you send someone to the Underworld?" I demanded.

"We made a deal with a demon."

There was a short pause before Percy yelled, "Were you psychopaths summoning demons just to–"

"We didn't summon demons. The master summoned only one," Alex interrupted.

"Does it matter how many you summoned?! It isn't still here, is it?!" Jason shouted.

"They didn't tell me the whole plan, but from what I heard, the demon is tormenting someone named Mark–"

"That demon's doing what now?! I swear if I ever come face to face–"

"Dan, would you please calm down? Getting angry won't help," Phil advised.

I took a deep breath. "Alright–"

"Screw that advice!" Nate yelled. "Where's Mark and everyone else?!" He stood over Alex.

Alex rolled her eyes. "I'd rather not say." I pressed Kyle against her throat a bit harder. "That isn't threatening. I told you already, I'm not actually Alex. I'm just a brain chip, as far as I or anyone else is concerned."

"I could think of several ways to make it concerning to the voice and everyone else who works for her," Percy claimed.

Alex scoffed. "And how's that?"

"I see where Percy's going." Nate grinned. I sent him a confused glance and he explained, "If we're willing to kill someone who looks just like a friend of ours, at the very least it would make everyone working for the voice slightly afraid."

Percy nodded. "It'd make them even more afraid if we pulled some cruel and unusual punishment–"

"Promise me you guys won't get too gory," Phil interrupted.

"Don't worry, we won't do anything over the top," Nate assured.

"We wouldn't do anything too bad. Just remember that Alex isn't human. She's basically a robot, and what bad could come from killing a robot?" Percy declared.

"I guess it would prove a point," I murmured.

I looked down at Alex to find her seemingly unfazed. "No one's going to care if I die," she stated.

"No, but the fact that we're the ones who did it will be concerning," Nate replied.

Alex gulped and her eyes frantically roamed the room before falling on the sword against her throat. She smirked. "You won't find your friends. They're all long gone by now."

"We found Percy, and you just told us that someone was in the Underworld. I'm pretty sure we'll figure it out," Jason commented.

"We'll see." Before anyone realized what was happening, Alex pressed herself against Kyle and began bleeding out from her throat.