Chapter 29

Dan's POV

I placed Kyle in one of my belt loops. The image of the figure was burned into my mind. I contemplated who it could have been.

Green eyes.

Do I even know anyone with green eyes?

Suddenly, I heard the crying again. It was louder than before. I looked at Phil and he shrugged while looking in the direction of the sound.

Nate and Jason heard it as well. They were both staring down the hallway behind the hole. "What was that?" Jason whispered.

"I've heard that before. It's someone crying," I responded.

"Let's go check it out! It could be someone we know!" Nate cheered.

"Yeah, but they're crying and that can't be a good sign," Phil put in.

I took Kyle out of my belt loop and held it up. "It doesn't matter. We have to save them."

Phil's eyes widened immediately. "Dan, your back is covered in blood!"

"Oh yeah," I muttered as agonizing pain suddenly rang throughout my body.

"Put the freaking sword away!" Jason yelled.

I put Kyle back in my belt loop and sat on the floor. Phil ran up to me and started taking off his shirt.

"Wait, what're you doing?" I asked.

"We have to wrap up your wound!"

I giggled, "Phil, you were tortured and your clothes are in shreds. You taking them off right now wouldn't help anything."

Phil huffed before stopping himself and asking, "So what're we supposed to do?"

"Find clothes, I guess," I answered.

"Let's check dorms!" Nate cheered before grabbing Jason's hand and sprinting down the hallway behind the hole.

I began to get up as well, but Phil leaped up beside me and lent me a hand. I took it and sprung up next to him. I started to walk toward the hole, but Phil wrapped his arms around my waist.

I giggled, "What're you–"

Phil whipped me around and pulled me into a slow kiss. I smiled into it and kissed back while wrapping my arms around his neck.

I heard Nate scream, "OH MY GOSH!"

Phil began to pull away, but I pulled him back while flipping off Nate. I heard Nate and Jason gasp before they started laughing hysterically.

Phil pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other's. He smiled at me while he asked, "Why're they laughing?"

"Cause they're crazy–"

"DAN JUST FLIPPED ME OFF!" Nate yelled in a whiny tone.

I rolled my eyes while Phil started laughing. "Of course he did," he mumbled.

"Can you blame me? They interrupted our kiss."

I heard Nate squeal, and Phil and I both shot him a glare, which caused him to chuckle.

I smiled to myself. I'm not sure why, but something about making Nate happy made me happy. Not to mention I had just kissed the guy I'd been crushing on for several years now.

I guess life could be going worse.

It could also be going a lot better.