Chapter 76

Mark's POV

"Wait, we're doing what?" Cry asked, his eyes wide.

Ethan laughed nervously. "We're breaking into Katherine's office?"

"Isn't that, oh, I don't know, extremely dangerous?!" Felix shouted.

"Before we get too far into this discussion, I have a question," I commented.

"Ask away," Ethan sighed.

"You said we couldn't talk in the cafeteria because Katherine would be watching us."

"What's your point?"

"You mentioned that there was a different cafeteria we had to speak at and I'm interested to see what you were talking about." I paused. "I'm also really hungry."

"Wait," Tyler put in, "there are two cafeterias here? Why would someone go through the trouble of building two cafeterias?"

Ethan didn't seem to have a reply, so I responded, "Katherine might have known that people would need a private place to meet. She might have designed the other cafeteria for people to feel safe, but she'd be using surveillance to watch them or something."

Ethan gulped before mumbling, "I-I don't know. I never really thought about that."

"Did you ever talk to anyone there about important matters before this?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No, but I've been there before and I'm sure that if Katherine knows about that room like you said, she knows that I know about it too."

Cry let out a sigh of frustration, getting all of our attention. "Oh brother, what now?" Felix asked.

"If it's Katherine's job to observe everyone here and make sure none of us know anything, don't you think she'd have cameras...well, everywhere?"

I groaned while Robert stepped forward. "Are you suggesting that Katherine could be watching us right now?"

Cry hesitantly nodded. "Don't you think she would be?"

I leaped off the bed. "Alright, whatever. Katherine could be stalking us inside Ethan's room. All that proves is that she's a fricken pervert! Who gives a shit if she sees us in here? The only thing this changes is that we need to leave and go through with the plan sooner than Ethan expected!"

Felix stood up next to me, smiling. "Yeah! If we hurry, we'll be perfectly fine and the plan won't change at all, other than being slightly rushed!"

Cry sprung off the ground and agreed. Tyler stared up at the rest of us for a moment before commenting, "My first impression of all of you was a kidnapping." He paused for a minute to look at Ethan's pleading face. He grimaced before continuing, "You all seem like nice people, though. A little desperate, but nice. Plus, I really want my memories back. I guess I'll come along for the ride, but the second you all get caught, I never knew any of you."

"Works for me!" Ethan shouted, grinning widely.

"I'm guessing Ethan and Robert are already in on this?" Cry inquired.

"Wasn't it their plan to begin with?" I chuckled softly.

Ethan nodded. "Okay, before Katherine comes storming in here, shall we continue to her office?"

"Actually, there's something I think we forgot to explain," Robert put in a bit awkwardly.

Ethan glanced at Robert, seeming confused, but a second later realization hit him. "You go ahead and explain this. I can never seem to put it into words."