Chapter 74

Mark's POV

I groaned as Ethan dragged me through the building. "So, are there two cafeterias here or is one hidden away–"

"Shut up!" he whisper-shouted over his shoulder. "I'll explain once we find Felix and Cry and get there!"

I shut my mouth and followed Ethan down a hallway. He abruptly stopped running, throwing me into the crowd of people in front of me.

While Ethan pulled me away from the crowd, a man turned around. "Watch it!"

Ethan smiled. "Sorry! We're just looking for a few friends. We didn't mean to bump into you."

The man sent Ethan a skeptical look, but turned back around. I noticed that Ethan had turned slightly pale while the crowd inched forward.

"You either know him or you're afraid we won't find Felix and Cry," I stated.

Ethan turned to face me, seeming surprised. "For someone who doesn't have their memories, you still seem to know exactly what's going on with me."

"No offense, but you're kind of an open book," I replied.

He glared at me. "First of all, rude. Secondly, both of your assumptions are correct."

I blinked. "So you know that dude?"

Ethan glanced in the man's direction. "Yeah, but he doesn't seem to remember me." He turned back to face me. "I wouldn't normally be bothered by it, but he's my neighbor, so I'll have to explain everything to him again to make sure he doesn't snitch."

I nodded and looked at the man. "What's his name?"

"Tyler."

I froze staring at the back of Tyler's head. Tyler. It sounded too familiar. Like it was a name I'd heard everyday of my life.

I brought my eyebrows together. Ethan said that we were friends, so then why hadn't his name sounded this familiar.

I shrugged away the thought, guessing it was due to the different circumstances. I elbowed Ethan. "Why don't we bring Tyler with us to the other cafeteria?"

Ethan seemed to be thinking it over when Tyler walked through the door to the cafeteria. He mumbled something under his breath before reaching forward and grabbing Tyler by the back of his collar.

Tyler coughed something out that sounded like, "Let me go!"

Ethan rolled his eyes. "I'll take care of this. You go find Felix and Cry and bring them back here. Don't make too much of a scene and don't attract any unnecessary attention to yourself. Also, there should be someone in there to lend you a hand. He's one of my friends, so don't freak out."

"Who–"

"Just go find Felix and Cry!" Ethan demanded while he slowly dragged Tyler away. "I'll be waiting near my room. Come and find me when you have them."

I quickly nodded my head before bursting through the cafeteria doors. I was met with a blinding light and the sound of a few whispers asking where Tyler had gone.

I ignored the whispers and blinked to help my eyes adjust. Once I could see, I took in the hugeness of the gymnasium sized room. A buffet was lined up against the right wall and tables covered the rest of the room.

I couldn't help but be reminded of something, though I wasn't sure what.

I pushed away the thought and scanned the room for Felix and Cry. As I was looking over the crowds of people, I remembered what Ethan had told me. Cry was a demon.