Chapter 84

Mark's POV

I lifted Kyle up toward Katherine. "Before all of this gets started, I'm going to give you two options. One, you release everyone from this place and give them their memories back. Two, you die trying to stop us from doing that on our own."

Katherine looked down, but I could tell she was smirking to herself. "Mark, what do I look like to you? Do I seem weak enough to let two fifteen-year-olds and some clueless adults win against me? What about ignorant enough to not have seen this coming? None of you even know who you are, and before you interrupt me, that applies to Ethan and Robert as well. You won't get all of your memories back until someone saves you from this place."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "How does someone save us from here?"

"They do something to your body in the physical world that slaps you back into reality."

I glanced away for a second before looking back at her. "How do we know where other people's bodies are?"

Katherine leaned over and picked her blade up off the ground. "How about we make a deal? If you defeat me without killing me, I'll explain how to find everyone's bodies back at the orphanage."

I took a second to think about it before I asked, "What happens if you defeat me?"

She giggled, "I already told you what happens when I defeat you. Your time here will restart."

I grimaced at the thought but nodded my head. "Alright, deal. I hope you understand that you aren't just fighting me, though."

She smirked. "I'm fully aware of your friends standing outside the door. There's one more thing we need to discuss, though."

"What?" I asked, thinking we'd covered everything and wanting to get this fight over with before my nerves got the better of me.

"Kyle," she replied briefly.

"What about him?"

"When I defeat you and your friends, Kyle will be sent back to the orphanage. He wasn't supposed to get involved with you at all, but he must have snuck out that first day you all were here. We saw him through the security footage as he ran to where that beast was attacking you and hid under a table."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

Her eyes widened slightly. "Sorry, I forgot you don't remember anything except for Jack, which, might I add, is strange, because usually–"

"Katherine, I apologize for interrupting, but can you shut the hell up and let my friends in so we can fight and get this over with?"

She narrowed her eyes at me but obliged. Katherine walked to the door and opened it just as Felix had swung a kick at it. He fell through the doorway, landing on his stomach. He sprung up a second later and cheered, "See! I told you I could break through the door!"

Katherine, still holding the door open, looked back at me. "This is going to be an easier fight than I thought."

I clenched my fists at my sides before Felix noticed me. "Mark! After Percy put me in a headlock and dove off that cliff, I lost you!" He quickly ran over to me. "I thought that Phil guy was gonna throw you off the cliff right behind me, but you never came."

I shook my head. "No, Reagan pushed me off and when I got to the water, I couldn't find you anywhere. On the bright side, I learned that I can talk to sharks and dolphins. I'm not sure when the hell that's gonna come in handy, but I can do it."

He looked at me skeptically. "It's probably a trick."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean it wasn't cool."