Chapter 28

Dan's POV

With Phil, Nate, and Jason, I made my way down the hallway. The floors creaked with each step we took. I still had Phil's arm around my shoulder, and Nate and Jason were still fangirling over us kissing.

We aimlessly wandered through the hallways, talking about what we would do while we fostered Nate.

"It'd be so cool if you put me in one of your videos!" Nate cheered.

Phil and I giggled. We had been told that the reason we were fostering kids in the first place was because Jack and Mark had run out of games to play and needed us for a video. However, Phil and I knew damn well that there were plenty of games to play. We were absolutely positive that they were just looking for an excuse to sleep in the same house for a month.

And the only reason we agreed to do the series was because we wanted to experience Septiplier first hand.

"Don't worry about that!" Phil started. "The point of us fostering you guys is for a YouTube series!"

Suddenly, something came crashing through a wall. Phil screamed as an enormous being towered in front of us.

It blew air out of its gigantic nose. Nate and Jason, who were standing a couple of feet in front of Phil and me, quickly grabbed onto each other's clothes and let out terrified screams.

The beast quickly swung one of its arms at Nate and Jason. Jason pulled Nate into a hug as they continued to scream. I sprinted forward and pushed Nate and Jason toward Phil.

"Dan!" Phil screeched. Before I'd realized what was happening, I'd been thrown through a wall.

I couldn't move. I was laying on, what felt like, concrete. I could feel my eyes beginning to close. My breaths became shaky and weak. My right foot twitched a bit as black spots cluttered my vision. I felt blood on my back.

Then, I heard crying.

It wasn't Phil, or Nate, or Jason. They were all too busy screaming at me, asking if I was okay.

"DAN, IF YOU'RE DEAD I'LL KILL YOU!" Phil screeched.

"Mmm," I mumbled as I tried to get up.

I heard Nate yell, "Parkour!" and I looked up just in time to see him dive through the hole in the wall.

He ran toward me and helped me stand up. "We have to help Phil!"

I nodded my head in agreement and jogged toward the hole with him right behind. "Wait, Dan!" Nate called.

I turned around to face him. "What?" I coughed out with a strained voice.

"Two things," Nate started. "One, your back is drenched in blood and you should probably get that checked out after we beat the shit out of this monster. Two, look around!"

I looked around just as I had been instructed. Around me was a hallway identical to the other one with twice as many doors.

"Whoa," I mumbled.

"Is that..." Nate trailed off.

"What?" I asked.

Nate slowly raised his arm and pointed at something down the hallway. I followed his finger to a display case at the end of the hallway.

We glanced at each other before racing down the hallway. As I approached the case, I could make out something that resembled a stick inside it.