Chapter 26

Mark's POV

Replacement?

Before I could ask any questions, Anti started explaining, "Don't worry. Ya wouldn't know me."

"You aren't Jack? How the heck is that possible?!" I yelled, clutching my head.

"It's kinda hard to explain, but I'm like his..." Anti trailed off as he thought, but continued a moment later, "What the hell am I doing here?"

"What? Wait, what are you like?" I pushed on.

He shook his head, trying to clear it. "Sorry, I'm his...other half."

"Like his evil half?" I asked, a bit weirded out.

"Basically."

I paused to think for a moment, during which Anti walked around my room and found himself at the desk my food was on. "Can I have some of this?"

"What?" I asked, not paying him much attention.

"I'm a hungry little bitch."

"Uh, how about you can eat if you answer a few questions?"

He shrugged. "Okay."

I thought for a moment. "You, uh, said that Jack was dead. Was that an exaggeration or–"

"Well, obviously. Jack's just where I always was and I felt dead when I was there, so I decided to scare you a bit."

I let out a sigh a relief and mumbled, "Thank God."

He chuckled, "Were you that scared? I can only think of a few specific people he truly cares about and no offense, but I'm pretty sure you aren't one of them."

"You're pretty sure?" I asked, slightly hoping that I was one of the people Jack cared about.

"Well, I don't exactly know your name. I don't have his memories, I just know what he feels like around certain people." He put an arm on the table.

"I'm Mark," I stated, feeling kind of bad for not introducing myself sooner, as he didn't seem that bad.

Anti's eyes widened and his arm slipped off the table, causing him to fall over. He bounced back up a second later, "You're Mark?"

"Did my name catch you by surprise?" I giggled a bit.

He began blushing furiously and smiled a bit. "Well, I was technically wrong."

"Hmm?"

"You just happen to be–" he paused for a second before continuing, "one of the people Jack cares about."

I smiled, but it didn't last long. "Anti! Stop stalling!" the voice screamed through the intercom.

Anti threw an arm over my shoulder. "It's almost like talking to Mark here aggravates you even more than me punching you in the stomach!"

"Proceed with your purpose or we'll let Jack back out!" the voice screeched.

Anti looked at me before smiling even more. "Eh. Jack and Mark are almost as cute together as Dark and I. Plus, I'm kinda starting to miss Dark."