Chapter 58

Mark's POV

Thomas and Logan walked ahead of me and Jack, toward the omelet section of the buffet. Since Jack and I weren't quite sure what to get, we made our way toward the cereal section at the end. I grabbed a bowl and milk from the counter and swiped a small box of Froot Loops off of the shelf.

I turned my head slightly to the left to find Jack studying the cereals. "What's up?" I asked.

He sighed, "I can't decide on a cereal. Something tells me this is going to be the last proper meal we have for a while, and I want it to be good."

I looked at the cereal and subtlety smirked to myself. "Why don't you just grab a box of Lucky Charms?"

Jack glared at me, and in an over exaggerated Irish accent, he asked, "Why? So we can follow it to te end of te rainbow and escape this hell?"

I shrugged. "Not a bad plan, but we agreed to help out demon Percy first."

"Speaking of which," Jack began, going back to his normal voice, "did you ever find out where Percy is because Logan wouldn't tell me anything."

"Thomas told me that he's locked up at the king's castle in a dungeon. I was told that Thomas and Logan are going to take us there after breaking us out."

Jack grabbed a box of Lucky Charms off of the shelf. "Alright, let's go find them and figure out the details of the plan."

I nodded my head, and the two of us began making our way back toward the omelet station, where Thomas and Logan had been putting together omelets. Once we saw them, we jogged up to them. "What're you two–"

"Mark! Jack!" Thomas interrupted me. "Look at this guy flipping omelets!"

Jack and I exchanged glances before he stepped forward a bit. "I thought we all came here to talk over the, uh–"

"Stuff," I stepped in as Jack paused due to the demon staring at him.

Thomas looked slightly confused, but Logan nudged him and asked, "Right, what table are we sitting at?"

Jack and I turned around to face the giant cafeteria. I saw a table a ways from the entrance and suggested that we sat there. Thomas and Logan agreed, got their food, and followed me and Jack to the table.

The four of us took our seats and began eating our food. Logan explained the plan once he was finished, "The first thing we have to do is break you two out of here. Thomas parked his car out in front of the prison. We're going to blend in with the crowd of demons going back to their cells, but continue making our way passed the cells to the stairs."

"The stairs will take us passed the guards down to the back entrance," Thomas added.

"Right," Logan continued, "once we get there, there should be another set of guards at the exit. We need to either take them out or convince them that Thomas and I are relocating you two," he directed at me and Jack.

Jack and I glanced at each other before Jack asked, "Is there a plan for convincing them?"

"Not unless you two can make one up within the next ten minutes," Thomas replied.

After a couple seconds of silence, I asked, "Couldn't you just say that the king wants us locked up in his dungeon instead of the prison?"

"That would work, except we would need something signed by the king to do that," Logan answered.

"So, I take it we're taking the 'take them out' route?" Jack guessed.

"Sounds that way," Thomas replied as he stood up with his tray. "I'm gonna go find a trash can."