Chapter 8

Reagan's POV

"OKAY!" we all yelled in sync and raced to the door. Jason stood there awkwardly for a second before following us.

"Can you believe this is happening?!" Nate asked excitedly.

"Seriously though!" Percy chimed in. "We're being adopted by YouTubers!"

"Fostered," I corrected. I still wasn't completely sure if I wanted to trust them or not. Sure, I looked up to them and all, but fostering three kids? Not to mention the only information we got was something about a YouTube series, and that we were all living in Mark's house. Did they even have enough rooms for that?

And I could have sworn Mark looked scared when he saw me. Did he have a dream like mine?

Of course he didn't Reagan. Stop overreacting about everything.

"Guys, come on! If we hurry maybe we–"

All the lights shut off at once.

"That's weird," I mumbled, looking down the hallway.

"Yeah, umm, has this ever happened before?" Jason asked.

"If you're scared, you could always hold Nate's hand!" I exclaimed before running past them.

The lights flickered back on.

"REAGAN!" Someone screamed behind me. It sounded like Percy, but why would he be upset with me making fun of them? I SHIP THEM DAMMIT!

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face them. They all looked mortified and Jason looked like he was about to throw up. "What?" I asked.

Nate slowly lifted his hand up. He was pointing at something behind me. I slowly turned around. That's when I saw it.

There was a large pool of what looked like blood at the end of the hallway. I forced my eyes to move upward, above the blood, only to see a dead body hung from the ceiling. But, of course, it wasn't just any dead body.

It was Ms. Higgins.

Trails of blood were running from several places around her neck, as well as from her mouth and nose. I didn't know how the hell she got up there, but honestly, I'm glad I didn't.

Behind her body, I noticed a door. A door that was never there before.

I turned back around to face Nate, Jason, and Percy. They had all walked up to me.

"I-Is that Ms. Higgins?" Jason asked.

"I think so..." I replied.

"Am I just blind or did someone install a new door?" Percy asked, pointing at the door I noticed seconds earlier.

"New door I think," Nate responded as he began walking toward it.

"Umm, won't that be locked?" Percy questioned. Nate didn't stop, he just kept walking toward the door.

"You can't just walk up and open–"

"How would you know? You haven't even tried," Nate cut Jason off calmly.

"He might not have tried, but that still leaves you with a problem," I started, "there's kind of a dead body hanging in front of it."

"So I can push it out of the way?" Nate asked.

"Puddle of blood?" Percy questioned.

"Ya know, there's this crazy thing called 'jumping'. It actually tends to come in handy sometimes," Nate responded sassily, as he continued walking down the hallway.