Chapter 75

Mark's POV

After telling Felix and Cry that I knew someone who had a way to get our memories back, they glanced at each other before Felix demanded, "Lead the way!"

I smiled. "Alright, but don't gather any unwanted attention. You know how I was talking about someone here observing us?"

Felix nodded. "Yeah?"

"Well, I figured out who, and she's at the front of this room. We need to leave and go find some people I met."

"Okay," Cry replied, "so we should be fine if we just walk to the exit like normal?"

I began making my way to the exit. "I think so."

Felix and Cry followed me, leaving their food on the table. No one paid us any attention as we walked to the exit smiling and pretending to be engaged in a conversation.

I opened the door and held it open for them. Once they were in the hallway, I let the door close and let out a sigh of relief. "I'm almost surprised that went so well."

Felix chuckled, "What? You didn't trust your own plan?"

"Something tells me that things didn't go this smoothly at the orphanage," I muttered.

"What was that?" Cry asked.

"Nothing!" I replied, pulling a smile.

Cry looked skeptical, but before he had a chance to make a comment, Robert grabbed my shoulder. "Hey, good job getting them here."

I spun around, smiling. "Great! Now, we just have to go find–"

"Wait, why's Robert here?" Cry asked.

"And why'd you throw headphones at us and yell at us to put them on?!" Felix demanded.

Robert smirked. "Cause if I didn't, you wouldn't remember meeting Mark or getting an explanation to Cry's theory."

Cry slapped his hand to his face. "That alarm was going to erase our memories if we didn't have something covering our ears."

Robert chuckled, "About time you connected those dots."

"Back to what I was saying," I announced. "We need to go up to Ethan's room. He's waiting there to explain everything to Cry and Felix. He also has a way to get our memories back."

Felix and Cry smiled excitedly, but Cry's smile dropped a second later. "Who's Ethan?"

"Apparently, one of my friends," I replied. "He wants to help everyone here get back to their physical bodies, as far as I know."

Robert motioned to the staircase. "We'll follow you."

I grinned before turning on my heel and darting down the hallway. Felix, Cry, and Robert eagerly raced after me.

A few people lingered in the hallway, but I quickly found my way around them to the stairwell entrance. I swung the door open and held it open until everyone was inside. I let the door close before I raced passed the three men and lead them up the staircase.

By the time I opened the door on the landing, I was out of breath. I leaned against the open door, put my hands on my knees, and panted until everyone was out of the stairwell.

Cry laid down on the floor once he made it into the hallway. Felix sat down next to him and leaned against his side. Both of them panted heavily while Robert looked around, confused. "How are you three out of breath?"

Felix lazily pointed a finger at Robert. "How are you not?"

Robert shrugged. "Maybe you three just need to work out more?"