Chapter 35

Mark's POV

I looked at Anti, who's face was still bright red, and asked, "What am I supposed to do now?"

Phil sprung up off the bed and ran to the window. He pulled the curtains out of the way to look outside. His smile disappeared and was replaced by a look of shock. "It's dark out?"

"What?" Dan asked as he walked up to Phil.

"Well, what time is it?" I asked.

"No," Anti started, "that has nothing to do with it. There's no sun down here."

"Then how do you have light?" I questioned.

"Without going into detail, the sky is basically on fire," Phil answered.

"Oh, yeah, that makes sense," I responded sarcastically.

"It doesn't have to make sense. That's just how it's been ever since–"

"Nothing!" Anti cut Dan off.

"What?" Dan asked.

"Nothing! Ever since nothing! It's always been like that!" Anti replied.

Dan looked like he was about to say something else, but Phil spoke before he could, "Uh, right."

I decided I'd ask Anti what he was talking about later and commented, "So, when am I getting those contact lenses from Phil?"

"Yes! Why don't we worry about the problem at hand instead of random historic crap?" Anti exclaimed.

Dan and Phil glanced at each other before Phil stepped forward. "Yeah, alright. Umm, Anti? Can I talk to you for a second?"

Anti looked at me before following Phil into hallway, leaving Dan and me alone. Dan shifted uncomfortably before acknowledging me.

"So, you're here to find Anti's alter ego?"

"Yeah, his name's Jack," I muttered.

"Right, but that means that you came from the human world?"

"Yeah–"

"Do you know mine and Phil's alter egos?" Dan asked, intrigued.

"Well, uh, yes? I guess I'm friends with them, why?" I responded.

"Super weird question, but do they like each other?"

My eyes widened slightly as I looked at Dan to find his face a vibrant shade of red. "Why would you be interested in their friendship?"

Dan chuckled, "Wow, Anti really didn't explain anything to you, huh?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You see, us demons down here and our alter egos up there all have the same feelings toward the same people. For example, if the human versions of Dan and Phil liked each other, so would the demon versions. If the demon versions of Dan and Phil liked each other, then so would the humans."

"Are you saying that you want to know if the human versions of Dan and Phil are in a relationship because it would mean the Phil down here likes you?"

Dan giggled, "Nah, I already know that the Phil down here likes me. I'm interested to know if they came out to each other yet."

My jaw dropped slightly as I realized what he meant. "Does that mean–"

"That Phil and I are in a relationship?" Dan finished for me. "Why yes, indeed it does! Though, there's more to us than that."

Before I had a chance to ask what he meant, Anti and Phil walked back into the room. I noticed Dan smile at Phil as Phil's eyes widened slightly.

"Oh would you two stop already?" Anti asked while rolling his eyes.