Chapter 82

Mark's POV

My eyes widened after I realized what I had just said. I remembered Jack's name.

I remembered him.

Memories flooded back. Memories of Jack crashed back into my mind like a brick being thrown through a window. I remembered his adorable Irish accent. His award winning smile. His breathtaking eyes.

I let a smile cover my face as I yelled, "Jack!"

He smiled back, but it almost immediately was replaced with a look of fear. "Mark, watch out for–"

Before he could finish his warning, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and fell forward.

··· 

When I regained consciousness, my hands were tied together over my head. I was being dragged along at a steady pace on my back. I groaned and opened my eyes.

Once I had my eyes open, Jack whispered, "Dude, stand up."

He was walking to my left with his hands tied together and a rope connecting his hands to whatever was dragging me. I rolled onto my stomach and stood up as quietly as I could. Jack walked over to me. "Do you know what's going on because they won't tell me anything."

"I just got my memories of you back. I don't even know who the rest of my friends are," I mumbled more to myself than him.

He nodded but persisted, "You don't know anything about where we are right now?"

"I was trying to get to the top floor of whatever this place is with Felix. We got separated when we got to this floor, though. All I know about this place is that someone from the real world is here—which I assumed was you—and that Katherine's office is here."

"How much do you know about Felix?"

I stared at him for a second. "What do you mean?"

"Is the Felix here a demon or human?"

"Ethan told me he was a human and that Cry was a demon–"

"Who's Ethan?" Jack inquired with a tilted head.

I stopped walking for a split second before being yanked forward from the rope. I tried to process what Jack asked. "H-He said he's one of my friends."

Jack's eyes widened slightly as he shook his head. "Mark, you never had a friend named Ethan."

"Maybe he was friends with me and you didn't know him!" I tried to think on the spot. Ethan couldn't have been lying to me. He didn't lie about anything in here, why would he lie about being friends with me? 

"Mark, I'm telling you," Jack continued, sounding worried, "you never had a friend named Ethan. Something here must be screwing with you."

"W-What about Tyler! Ethan seemed to be friends with him and wanted to bring him along. I would've been friends with him too!"

Jack stared at me with a confused look. "Tyler...as in Tyler Oakley?"

"I," I paused, "I actually don't know his last name."

"How gay did he seem?"

"What the hell does that–"

"Hey! You're finally awake!" Tim shouted cheerily after popping his head through a window in the wagon-styled machine in front of us.

"If it'll help lessen the consequence we're about to receive, I'm sorry for pushing you in the woods," I apologized.

He blushed slightly. "Actually, I hit you in the back of the head with a stick, so we're already even."