Chapter 20

Dan's POV

"What do you mean I gave you scars?!" I practically screamed.

"You carved the knife into my skin and–"

I threw my hands over my ears, refusing to listen, as I yelled, "I DIDN'T HURT YOU! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!"

"But you did," a voice that wasn't Phil's replied from behind me. It sounded slightly familiar. I whipped my head around toward the source of the sound to find a figure in a black robe at the bottom of the stairs.

I took my hands off of my ears. I could feel my heart beat in my ears as the figure began slowly walking toward me.

"Go away!" I yelled as it continued walking up the stairs. I stood up and grabbed the doorknob again.

It didn't open.

I started screaming as the figure stopped directly in front of me. It reached for me a bit, but before it could touch me, an Irish accent yelled, "DAN?!"

"OH MY GOSH! JACK!" I screamed back.

"I'M GETTING PHIL AWAY FROM HERE! THE DOOR'S LOCKED BUT USE YOUR SURROUNDINGS!"

"What does that mean?" I mumbled before realizing that Jack was directly on the other side of the door. "Jack–"

"PUSH IT DOWN THE DAMN STAIRS AND SAY HI TO MARK FOR ME!" he screamed at me.

I looked at the shadowy figure to find it staring at me with dead eyes. I closed my eyes, screamed, and aimlessly swung my left fist to the side of its head.

It didn't yell or scream in terror. The only sound was something falling down the stairs.

"I did it," I whispered to myself. I opened my eyes, expecting to see the body at the bottom of the stairs. Instead, I saw nothing. No blood, no body, no proof that it had ever been here.

"Jack?" I called.

No response.

"Phil?" I yelled.

Nothing.

"They aren't here," someone said from behind the door.

It sounded identical to the figure that had just been here.

"What do you mean?" I asked, growing more and more worried with every passing second.

"Well, Phil's still here. I feel I've done enough to him to get to you. As for Jack, you just caused him to get a far worse fate than I intended."

"WHAT DID I DO?!" I yelled, wanting to cry knowing that Jack would've gotten off easy if it wasn't for me.

"He stayed here to help you because you were too scared. Piece of advice, if you're going to survive this, you need to grow a pair. This isn't a joke, or a game, or a fucking video collab. This. Is. How. You. End."

"I'M NOT GONNA LET YOU KILL ME!" I yelled, trying to sound brave. Unfortunately, my voice cracked halfway through the sentence.

"That's not what I said."

It stopped talking to me after that.

And I broke down on the stairs, with the only sound being Phil screaming at me from the other room about how terrible I was.

Felix's POV

Cry and I had split up from Mark and the three kids. We were walking around, checking dorms and talking.

We were currently contemplating if Phil would kiss Dan, or if Dan would kiss Phil.

"Dan's gonna kiss him. I swear he keeps talking about him like he already has," I claimed.