Chapter 36

Reagan's POV

I set the laptop down on the bed, knowing that I couldn't contact anyone if I couldn't get off of Netflix. I walked toward the door and tried to open it, but it was locked from the outside.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" I yelled.

A few minutes passed, during which nothing happened. Finally, though, a small paper was slipped under the door.

Reagan,
Forgive us.

Forgive us? Forgive who? And what did they do?

I was beginning to worry. From not being able to switch the tab on the laptop to get information, to receiving an anonymous note, I was freaking out a bit.

I clenched the typed note in my fist as I paced in the room I was in, trying to sort through the problem at hand.

If I yelled for help, would anyone be able to hear me? I doubted it. The orphanage was huge and I'd never been in this room before.

Which meant that everyone else was probably nowhere near me.

I looked at the laptop on the bed and the buffet on the desk.

It was too good to be true.

There was no way this was real. Not when the people who would've given it to me were the ones trying to kill me and my friends.

Though, the people who put me in this room were most likely the same people who slipped the note under my door.

They wanted my forgiveness?

I needed answers, and the only way to get those answers would be to talk to the people who locked me in this room. I had to trick them into coming here.

My glance fell upon the laptop and I stopped pacing. It looked expensive enough to get their attention.

If by chance there was a camera or a person watching me.

I decided that smashing an expensive laptop wouldn't do any harm to me even if I wasn't being watched.

I walked to the bed and picked up the laptop. I held it in my hands and looked around the room for any sign of a camera or someone watching me. I noticed a small lens poking out of the desk drawer.

I smirked at the camera before lifting the laptop above my head, preparing to launch it at the wall next to the door. I leaned back and began to throw it, but right before it left my fingers, the voice came on over a speaker.

"You do know that if that breaks, it's your fault, right?"

"Well obviously!" I practically screamed.

"Why would you break a brand new laptop that we bought just for you?"

I smiled at the camera before turning around and gently tossing the laptop onto the bed. I whirled back around and stared at the camera. "Because I need some answers and you're going to give them to me."

The voice let out a laugh, "You could've just asked to talk to me, you know."

"Alright, first question!" I began. "What's your name and why are you interested in me and my friends?"

"That's two questions."

"Just answer them!" I demanded.

"Hmm, let me think," the voice started in a sarcastic tone, "the first one's something you need to find out on your own, and the second one is simple. We're interested in you and your friends because you're important to us."