Chapter 31

Dan's POV

Once Nate and I stopped hugging, we made our way to the dorm Phil and Jason had walked into. We entered to find Phil and Jason tearing through drawers and throwing clothes everywhere. "What are you doing?" Nate asked.

"According to Phil, none of these clothes are his or Dan's 'style'." He directed his attention back to Phil. "How are you this picky when you're both covered in blood?"

Phil didn't answer, he simply shrugged as he continued digging through a drawer.

"Are you giving us a silent treatment?" Nate asked with a tilted head.

"Not you," was all Phil responded with.

I facepalmed. "Pease tell me you aren't giving me a silent treatment."

Phil didn't reply, he just threw another shirt on the floor.

"Why're all these clothes the same?" Nate asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

I hadn't noticed it before, but Nate was right. Every one of the shirts was the exact same. White with light blue horizontal stripes and a pocket.

"What's in the closet?" I asked Jason upon realizing the door was shut.

"Don't know, the door's locked."

Nate's eyes widened and he ran toward the closet door. He tried the doorknob, and sure enough, it was locked. He then pulled the key around his neck over his head.

"I forgot you had that," Jason stated in disbelief.

"I told you it'd come in handy!" Nate cheered.

He smashed the key into the keyhole, but it didn't fit. "Damn it, I really thought that was going to work," Nate mumbled.

He put the key back around his neck and let out a sigh.

"Maybe we could break it in like we did with Phil's door," Jason suggested.

At this, Phil looked up. "You guys broke into my room?"

"Oh yeah," Nate started, "I guess we never explained what happened."

Phil stopped going through the clothes and gave Nate his full attention. "What happened?"

"Well, Mark had your key, but him, Cry, Felix, and Reagan all just disappeared. Dan got so frustrated that we couldn't get to you that he smashed the flashlight into the doorknob. The doorknob fell off and we opened the door," Nate explained.

"This all happened after Nate lost his memory, too," Jason put in.

"Dang, I missed a lot, huh," Phil mumbled with a small smile. I couldn't help but think he enjoyed Nate and Jason talking to him.

"Yeah," I began, "and we need to keep looking for them, so if you would please find shirts while I try to find the key to the closet–"

"What if cooler shirts are in the closet?" Phil asked.

"Why–"

"I'm going with you to look for a key. Also, did you guys say that Mark had a key to my door?"

"Yup. I think he still has it, unless someone stole it from him," Nate answered.

"That's not right," Phil commented.

"I agree! It was pretty freaking rude to kidnap someone, let alone steal from them!" Jason replied.

"Okay, yes that's rude and mean, but it's also not what I was talking about. Mark can't have a key to my room. The point was that there were no keys for the door, so you guys would just have to listen to the speaker insulting you in my voice. There was supposed to be no way to stop it–"