Chapter 38

Reagan's POV

After Jack disappeared from my dreamscape, I remained planted on the ground with a million thoughts racing through my mind.

If the voice wasn't the one torturing Jack, then who was? And where exactly had he gone?

I took a deep breath and tried to calm down a bit. I was still in my dreamscape, so maybe I could get someone else to come here.

I tried to think of someone who I hadn't tried to bring yet.

Cry?

If Felix didn't come, would he? They're probably in the same situation.

I decided that there would be no harm in trying. I focused as hard as I could on Cry.

After ten minutes of him not showing up, I decided that it was no use. With Jack, I had to think of something personal, his nickname for me, to get him here. I could do that for Nate or Jason, but that would just freak out everyone else.

Mark?

Mark's been here before, so he would be calm and listen. Besides that, he'd be able to explain where I am to everyone else.

The first thought I had of Mark was my last memory of him. I had fallen asleep on him before Robert took me.

Robert.

That couldn't have been the real RobertIDK, could it? Robert always seemed so nice and kind. I couldn't imagine him kidnapping me or doing anything of the sort to anyone.

I stared at the floor as thoughts of Robert flashed through my head. I was only pulled away from my thoughts when I heard someone scream.

I looked up from the floor to find a silhouette of a person on the opposite end of my dreamscape. Who had I summoned?

I raced across the room, squinting my eyes to try to get a better view of the person. When I was a few yards away, the person yelled, "Who are you?! Stay away!"

I slowed down a bit. The person didn't recognize me? "Uh, who are you?" I asked hesitantly.

The person sighed, "My name's Robert. Now, who the heck are you? And where am I?"

My eyes widened and my breathing hitched before confusion set in. Robert brought me to the room and he seemed to know exactly who I was then. "I'm Reagan and you fell asleep and came here."

Robert tilted his head slightly. "I'm asleep? I don't remember going to sleep."

I tried to think of the best way to explain what had happened. "Well, uh, I have inclusive dreams and I guess I was thinking about you so you showed up?"

Robert stared at me for a few seconds before stating, "I think that's more than an inclusive dream. You can summon people here at any time just by thinking of them?"

"Kind of? I'm not really sure myself."

After a short pause, Robert commented, "Does that mean you know me?"

"Oh, yeah. I watch your YouTube videos."

"Really? I–"

"You actually don't know me?" I asked, trying to piece together if he was the Robert who brought me to the room.

"Umm, no? Have I met you before?"

"I'm not sure. Are you still in Canada?"

He chuckled, "Why would I leave?"