Chapter 22

Mark's POV

I got comfortable with Reagan on my lap. I decided that it would be at least a few hours before Phil fell asleep, so I could get some sleep too. I cuddled Reagan a bit as I started to drift off.

However, I never got to fall asleep.

Before I could drift off, a hooded figure appeared in the hallway and yelled, "Hey!"

My head shot up. The voice sounded slightly familiar, but I didn't know where I'd heard it from.

"Uh, who's that?" Felix called from the top of the stairs.

"Not sure!" I yelled before I began shaking Reagan. She didn't wake up, she just turned a bit in her sleep.

The figure was staring at Reagan and I as it asked, "Mark Fischbach? I need Reagan."

"HOW THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE KNOW OUR NAMES?!" I screeched before stumbling to get up. I laid Reagan on the floor and stood between her and the figure.

Felix and Cry came rushing down the stairs. "What's going–WHO THE HELL IS THAT?!" Cry yelled.

"IF I KNEW WOULD I BE SCREAMING?!"

The figure laughed sinisterly, "This'll be easier than I thought."

It slowly walked toward me, lifting its arm up a bit. Felix and Cry ran next to me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jason and Nate in the stairway. I shook my head at them, hoping they would understand that I wanted them to go upstairs with Dan. Jason started walking up the stairs, but Nate stared at Reagan. I could see the hesitation in his eyes.

Jason grabbed Nate by the hand and led him up the stairs, but only far enough so that the figure couldn't see them.

The figure continued walking toward us, and it might've been instinct, or maybe it was out of fear, but I didn't wait for it to advance on us. Instead, I sprinted at it. I lifted my fist a bit, preparing to hit it at full force.

I let my fist fall toward its face, but it caught it. It held my fist in its hand and stared directly at me.

Time seemed to freeze until Felix ran up to me and hit the figure in the back of the head with a flashlight.

"Where'd you get that?" I quickly asked after pulling away from the figure.

"Nate threw it in his backpack!" Felix yelled before pushing me out of the way of the figure's punch.

The figure looked at Felix before swinging a punch at him. Felix dropped to the ground, barely dodging the punch. Cry gasped and Felix turned around to look at him, smirking. "Like this weirdo was gonna–"

Before he could continue his sentence, the figure kicked him in the back of the head, causing Felix to black out.

Cry screamed, "YOU PIECE OF SHIT! I'LL KILL YOU!"

He stormed at the figure, but his anger blinded him from seeing the flashlight being chucked at his face.

Cry was knocked out cold, leaving me to deal with the figure. I decided that fighting it probably wouldn't work, so I tried reasoning, "What are you doing?!"

"I'm retrieving Reagan," was the only answer I got before I was punched in the temple and knocked unconscious.

•••

I woke up to find my head aching terribly. I clutched my left temple in my hand as I sat up. I looked around to find that I was no longer in the hallway. I was in a small room that was about the same size as a dorm. There were no windows, but I was laying on a bed and could see a three-course meal waiting for me on a small table.