Chapter 12

Mark's POV

"Alright," Dan and I responded. I can't believe Felix and Cry kissed! Next, we move on to Phan.

John smiled warmly at us, then continued to lead us down the hallways. Cry and Felix were holding hands, talking to each other. Jason and Dan were fangirling over the Pewdiecry kiss, and Reagan was walking next to me.

"Hey Mark?" she nearly whispered.

"You don't need to whisper you know. We're the only ones–"

"Mark, I feel like we're being watched."

I smiled warmly at her. "Reagan, if anything is in here with us, I'll fight it off. Just like this." I started over dramatically punching the air around us.

She smirked at me. "Your face alone would scare it off."

I faked being offended, "Oh yeah? Well, you're just a, uh, a big loser face!"

"My one weakness! Being called a loser face!" Reagan sarcastically returned. We both started laughing.

"I can't wait to live with you for a month," Reagan chuckled out.

"Right back at you," I replied.

She looked surprised. "Wait, really?"

"Oh course!" I started, "You're super fun to be around, extremely courageous, a fellow fangirl, and all around chill! Who wouldn't want to live with you? I'm honestly surprised you haven't been adopted yet!"

She had a huge smile on her face, as well as a light I had never seen before in her eyes. "Thanks," she mumbled.

I side hugged her. "No problem. Now, let's go save our friends so we can get to that awesome month together."

"Okay."

John was ahead of us by about three yards. He turned a corner and screamed immediately after, "HOLY SHIT!"

"Don't cuss," all of us replied at once. We all looked at each other, then erupted into laughter.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT'S IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!" John screeched.

Jason strutted up to him. "What could possibly be that–uh, WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!"

I shared an uneasy glance with Reagan before she sprinted up to Jason. Her jaw dropped as she stared at something I couldn't see. I ran up beside them and my eyes immediately fell upon a huge, black, shadowy figure. It was staring at all of us with its black eyes.

Dan, Felix, and Cry were behind the rest of us. The figure tilted its head a bit, as it opened its massive mouth. A huge ball of black fire shot out of its mouth, straight at us. I pushed Reagan and Jason behind the corner and dove behind it after them. When I turned back around, I noticed that John had pushed himself up against a wall, Dan had dove after me, and Cry and Felix were laying on the floor, covering their heads.  The black figure stomped its feet and opened its mouth again.

"Cry! Felix!" Dan yelled as he and Jason pulled them behind the corner. Another ball of black fire hurtled down the hallway, passed us. I started looking around frantically. There had to be something I could fight this with!

Reagan tugged on my sleeve, and I looked over at her with raised eyebrows. "What–"

"YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?!" She had a giant smile on her face.

Jason explained, "So, I take it you haven't picked up on her science fiction side? This is a dream come true for her."

"DAMN RIGHT IT IS!" Reagan screeched beside me, "THIS IS ALMOST AS COOL AS TIME TRAVEL!"