Chapter 14

Jason's POV

Reagan and I looked at each other. Reagan started squealing and jumped on me. I yelped and fell over. "Reagan, if you don't get off of me right now–"

"Would you two mind telling me what 'it' is?" Mark cut in.

Reagan leaped off of me. "'It' is Jason doing the do with Nate."

Did she just.

I shoved her a bit. "No, it's not. 'It' is me...well...kissing Nate."

"It's gonna work!" Reagan cheered.

"What's gonna work?" Dan questioned as he and Nate walked over.

"THIS!" Reagan yelled as she pushed me towards Nate. I gasped out of shock as I fell on Nate. I was planted on top of him, and we both started blushing bright red.

"H-Hi," I stuttered out. I could feel my cheeks heating up with every passing second.

"D-Did this happen often?" he asked.

"The super awkward moments, or us laying on each other?"

He giggled a bit. At least he didn't lose his adorable laugh. "Either," he choked out.

I felt a smile crawl onto my face. He looked absolutely adorable, just like he always had. It took my brain a minute to even comprehend that he still had his shirt off.

"Well," I started, blushing harder, "things got awkward sometimes, and I'll explain why in a minute, but the whole 'laying on top of your naked top half' thing is new."

His eyes widened and his blush spread quickly. "Ohmygosh–OW!"

I gave him a confused, yet concerned look. It took me a second to understand that I was the one causing his pain. I was on his bruised body, "Sorry! Sorry!" I repeated as I jumped off of him.

"It's okay," he responded. I held out my hand and he took it gratefully. I pulled him up so he was standing next to me.

"Reagan," I started, "if I'm gonna do this, promise you won't push me onto him."

"I don't make promises," she mumbled.

"What are you talking about? You made promises with Per–" I stopped myself in the middle of my sentence as my eyes widened. "Shit, I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"Can I ask or–"

"DUDE," Dan cut Felix off, "delicate subject! Well, probably, by the sound of it–"

"Will you guys shut up already!" John yelled. "All that matters is getting to that door!"

"What about Nate?" Reagan asked.

"You either get him to walk with us, or we leave him here."

"I'll come," Nate responded as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I looked back at him to find him smiling at me. I smiled back in return.

"Exactly, that's what I–wait, what?" John asked, shocked.

"You heard right," Nate decided, "I want my memories back, and according to you guys, hanging out with you should do the trick. So don't think for a second that you could leave me behind."

I was so caught up in Nate's moving speech, I almost didn't hear Mark whisper, "Because Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."