Chapter 17

Mark's POV

"Don't give me that shit," I directed at Reagan. I knew she was lying, and it worried me quite a bit considering we had been pretty honest with each other thus far.

"It's not shit, I'm fine," she responded calmly.

"Hold on," Felix butted in, "you guys are cussing."

"And?" Reagan and I questioned, a little fed up with not being able to cuss.

"John isn't telling you to shut up," Dan finished Felix's thought.

I looked around and noticed that John was no longer standing guard at the fork in the hallway. However, he wasn't the only thing that vanished.

"Guys, this isn't funny," I directed at Reagan, Nate, and Jason.

"Uh, no it's not," Reagan agreed. "Where the heck did John go?"

"Not what I was talking about."

Reagan sent a confused glance my way, so I decided to give a hint. I gestured to where Kyle had been the night before.

Reagan's eyes widened, but Jason was the first to speak, "Where the fuck did you put my belt?"

Nate face palmed. "Better question: where's that sword thing you had?"

"Its name was Kyle," Reagan started, "and I think I know exactly where it went."

"Do explain," I replied, hoping one of them was about to pull it out from behind them.

"I think John took it. He asked you for it yesterday, but you didn't hand it over–"

"DID YOU JUST ASSUME KYLE'S GENDER?" Dan yelled before collapsing to the ground from laughter.

"Don't start with me," Reagan responded, though I could see a smile forming on her lips. "Anyway, I think John left us and took Kyle with him."

Reagan locked her eyes with mine. I smiled at her. I had a feeling she would end up being the one to solve several of our problems.

"Any idea where John disappeared to?" I asked.

Reagan's eyes widened. "I think I know exactly where he went!" She started to lead us down another hallway before stopping herself. "Did Nate ever get his memory back?"

Jason grabbed Nate's hand and answered, "Still working on it."

"I'm done being mister nice guy," Reagan began as she approached Nate and Jason. "When my stuff stops working, I kick it–"

"REAGAN, DON'T YOU DARE!" Jason yelled to no avail. Reagan bitch slapped Nate across the face.

"THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR YOU LITTLE SPORK PIECE OF SHIT!" Nate screeched.

Reagan's eyes widened. "Holy shit did that actually work? I just wanted to slap him–"

"REAGAN YOU MOTHER FUCKER I'M GONNA DRAG YOU DOWN TO HELL WITH ME EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE ALREADY GOING THERE BECAUSE YOU READ SMUT TO OUR CLASS AS A BOOK REPORT!" Nate screamed, clutching his face.

I nudged Reagan and whispered, "What smut?"

"Septiplier, obviously."

"Yeah but names."

"I'm not letting you judge me that harshly," Reagan replied, blushing a bit.

What the hell did she read about me?!

Before I had a chance to ask, Jason spoke up, "There's no way that worked, but the kiss didn't. It shouldn't have triggered any memories because you've never slapped him before–"