Chapter 32

Mark's POV

After I closed the fence door and locked the latch, Anti and I made our way up to the door. Suddenly, Anti threw his arm out in front of me.

"What–"

"Don't wake up Chica. Dark will know we're here and come out."

"CHI–"

"Mark, for fuck's sake will you be quiet for once?"

"But Chica," I whispered.

"You'll probably see her at some point, but not right now. We have to sneak into the house, remember?"

I immediately realized something. "Anti, why is Chica at Dan and Phil's house?"

Anti froze before quickly regaining his composure. "Okay, I'm way too lazy to make up a clever lie and don't feel like wasting my energy on you anyway. Truth is...I forgot to pay my rent."

"What does that have to do with anything? Why's Dark's dog here?" My eyes widened as realization struck me. "Holy shit you live with Dark."

Anti's cheeks flushed a bright red. "What?! We're roommates! Get your head out of your ass!"

I erupted into laughter, "That's why Nate and Jason were messing with you! Do you and Dark share a bed or a room?"

A darker red covered his cheeks. "We share a house! That's it! Calm down!"

"You're blushing," I giggled.

"So what? Are you pleased to know that you and Jack's other halves share a house?"

A light tint of pink spread across my cheeks. "You said it, not me."

"Ugh! Can we just go into the house?" Anti replied in defeat.

"Sure, but you never explained why you and Dark are hanging out at Dan and Phil's house," I pointed out.

"Oh, I forgot to pay rent for our house, so we're living here until we get the money to get our apartment back."

I smirked. "And how many rooms does this apartment of yours have?"

Anti shoved me. "Do you ever stop talking?"

"Nope!"

Anti let out a sigh as we approached the door. "I'm an idiot."

"What? Why?"

"The point of us walking around the house was so we didn't enter through the front door. This is the same thing, but from the opposite side."

"So what? It's good enough, isn't it?"

Anti looked up the side of the building. "Nah."

"'Nah'? Anti, what do you mean 'nah'?" I asked.

"I mean let's climb through that window," he replied.

I looked up to see a window about two stories above us. "And how the heck do you plan on doing that?"

Anti smirked at me as he walked away from the building. He stopped and faced the building once he was a several feet away. He looked at me expectantly.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He stretched out his arms beside him and he said, "Come here."