Chapter 70

Anti's POV

I turned back to face Dark. "You think PJ's excited to see us or just all out shocked?"

Dark shrugged before glancing out the door. He smirked as he saw PJ's dropped jaw. "Probably a mixture of both. Maybe a bit more on the side of 'What the hell?'."

I chuckled quietly and peeked my head out the door. "He isn't moving. How do we get him to come over here?"

Dark thought for a moment while I pulled my head back in and looked at him. "He might respond to us just motioning over here."

I tilted my head slightly. "If we did that, anyone could see it."

"Hey, you asked for an idea. You didn't say it had to be a good one."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm only doing this because I can't think of anything else to do and we need to save Percy."

PJ was still staring at us in shock when I peered back through the door. I gave him a small wave, to which he replied by nearly falling over. After a moment, he shook his head and smiled widely.

"He seems a bit better, just motion over here," Dark instructed.

I nodded before motioning for PJ to walk to the door. He briefly glanced back to Felix, who was rambling on about how much would change after we found his dad, before he quietly jogged over to the door.

I quickly swung the door open wide enough for Dark to yank PJ into the hallway. He let out a short yell, briefly drawing attention to the building.

When PJ spun around to face me and Dark, he let a smile cover his face again. "What are you two doing here?! Did you two break Felix out of his room? What's going on?"

I exchanged a quick glance with Dark before he replied, "We didn't break Felix out of his room. We're here to rescue Percy from the execution and we need your help."

PJ stared back at us blankly. "Wait, you two didn't break Felix out?"

I shook my head. "No, I kinda thought you did."

PJ stayed silent for a moment before answering, "It wasn't me. Someone else is either here and shouldn't be, or someone who works here is specifically disobeying Felix's dad's orders."

"We didn't see anything suspicious when we arrived," Dark replied. "I don't think anyone else broke in."

"That would mean that someone's going against Felix's dad, though. Who in their right mind would do something like that?" I asked.

PJ sighed, "I don't know, but something definitely isn't right. We can figure that out later, though. For right now, did you two say you were trying to rescue Percy?"

Dark nodded while I answered, "Yeah, we got Felix to go out there and distract everyone, but we don't know how to get Percy out of the courtyard without being caught. We thought you might be able to help us."

PJ sent us confused glances. "Can't Felix just call off the execution since he's technically the king? Why do you need my help?"

I stayed silent. I hadn't really thought about that. However, Dark had different thoughts. "We can't do that because the citizens would probably think something along the lines of Felix only breaking out of his room to stop an execution. The people would likely think that he's just going to disappear into his room again."