Chapter 93

Mark's POV

There was a loud ringing in my ears. I felt like I was about to throw up.

"Mark?"

A voice I knew. I recognized it, but who...

"Mark!" the person shouted.

My head ached horribly by the time I'd gathered enough energy to sit up. I figured if I wasn't already dead, I'd end up fainting soon.

Once I was in a sitting position, I decided to open my eyes. I was sitting in a room with tiles covering the floor. The walls were light blue and stretched on as far as I could see.

I heard footsteps from behind me. They weren't coming toward me. Instead, they seemed to be running at something far away from where I was sitting.

I turned around to try to find out what was going on. There was a young girl running toward a man who was wearing a tuxedo. He looked similar to how I looked.

The girl dove into the man's arms and seemed like she was crying. The man made eye contact with me for a second before calling, "Mark? You shouldn't be moving."

The girl pulled out of the hug and looked at me. Her absolutely thrilled face now showed a look of complete confusion. "Not that I'm complaining, but why are there two Marks?"

The man grabbed the girl by the hand and raced over to me, moving about as fast as light. I stumbled backward when their blurred form stopped in front of me. I mumbled a quick, "What the hell?"

The girl took a few steps away from both of us. Now that she was closer, I got a good look at her all too familiar face. I couldn't place where I knew her from, but I was certain I knew her from somewhere.

The girl looked at me, then to the other guy. "How did you do that? Does you having powers have something to do with the fact that you're pretty much an exact replica of Mark? Did you change your appearance to look like Mark? Also, how are both of you here?"

"It's a long story," the man started, "but the short version is that I'm Mark's demon side and when you summoned him here, I came as well since I was in his head."

The girl blinked before replying, "None of that's possible. How did this actually happen?"

The guy sighed, "I'm telling the truth. It's up to you if you want to believe me or not, but you'll find it in your best interest to trust the people on your side."

The girl took a deep breath before asking, "Is your name Mark as well or do you have some crazy demon name?"

"My name's Dark." He looked at me before adding, "You took quite the blow to the back of your head. That would've killed you if I didn't step in at the last moment."

I stared back at him for a second before mumbling, "What are you talking about? And what kind of name is 'Dark'?"

Dark narrowed his eyes at me. "I'll be honest, I was expecting something a bit more along the lines of 'Wow! Thanks! I know I was being a stupid ass bitch, but it won't happen again!'"

I glared right back at him. "What the hell are you talking about you psycho?"

He held firm, glaring holes into my eyes until something suddenly seemed to click in his mind. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped open slightly. "No. No no no no no–"

"What?" the girl asked.

"I must not have stepped in fast enough," Dark explained hurriedly. "I kept him from dying, but he still took the force of the hit."