Kuroo Tetsurou | Goodbye

Beep...beep...beep...

Everyone knows a heart monitor is helpful, but all it is is a dark reminder to the patient connected to it. While everyone else hears the simple beeping, the patient just hears the repeating words,

This day may be your last...

Sadly, you could relate to each patient that had to bear with this. Because you were one of them.

Before all of this, your life was amazing.

After graduating from highschool, you enrolled in a university. To celebrate that you got accepted, you and your best friend went to a professional volleyball game. You had always loved the sport, you always thought it was fun to watch and it never got boring. At the game, one particular player caught your eye. He seemed to read the opposing team's next move before they even did anything. You and your friend continued to watch and when the game was over, you decided to get a bite to eat. At the diner you chose, you just happened to see the same player from the game. You decided to go up to him and congratulate him on his nice win.

That's how you met Kuroo Tetsurou.

The two of you seemed to click together. Almost like two peices of a puzzle. After exchanging numbers and becoming good friends, Kuroo asked you on a date. You accepted and sooner or later, the two of you began dating. The two of you had dated for two years before he proposed to you at one of his volleyball matches. It was the happiest time of your life. You and Kuroo bought an apartment together and immediately began making the place feel like home.

While you were painting the master bedroom, you started feeling sick. Being strong, you sucked it up and continued to paint. That's when you began having a coughing fit. You covered your face with your arm only to see when you pull your arm away from your face, blood splattered across your skin. You were shocked and began coughing again. That's when you collapsed onto the floor and your fiancé came rushing in. You were taken to the hospital to find out that you had cancer.

Now here you were, laying on a white hospital bed, slowly dying.

You hated it here. All you wanted was to go back to your unfinished apartment and lay in Tetsurou's embrace, but you had doubts that that was possible at the moment.

You coughed and lifted a weak arm. You reached over to the bedside table for your water only for your arm to go limp next to you.

Dammit

You sighed. You felt so weak and pathetic. You suddenly heard the door at the end of the room creak open. Your eyes looked over and you recognized the black messy hair,

"Hey, Ku-Ku..." You smiled, using the immature nickname you had given your soon-to-be husband. He gave you a small smile and stepped into the room, closing the door behind him. Tetsurou was holding a bouquet of (favorite flowers).

"I brought you something, (Y/N)." Kuroo hands you the flowers and for what seemed like forever, his smooth hand grazed against your boney one. Your eyes closed as you smiled,

"Thank you..." You smelled the flowers before placing them next to you. Kuroo nodded and took a seat at the end of your bed,

"I finished painting today. So by time you come home, the apartment will be finished!" You could hear how Kuroo was struggling to keep his voice from cracking.

"That's great, Ku-Ku." You give him another weak smile. Tetsurou scoots closer to you and places his hand on yours. Your heart shatters when you notice his eyes glistening with tears,

"Are you going to be ok, (Y/N)?" Kuroo voice cracks. He sounded so desperate and scared. You felt tears brim your eyes,

"I honestly don't know, honey..."