Lev Haiba | Hide and seek

I believe someone asked for a Lev one-shot (I can't remember exactly who) so here you go! I know it's kinda short, sorry. Enjoy

"Why isn't he picking up..." You groan, staring down at your phone. After trying one more time and not succeeding, you leave a message.

"Hey Lev, I'm on my way home. I'll see you in a few minutes!"

He probably fell asleep or lost his phone again.

Shoving your phone back in your pocket, you slowly begin to pull out of the parking lot were you work. Your shift had just ended so you were trying to get back home to your fiancé as soon as possible. You were tired and in need of cuddling and kisses.

After a short drive, you pulled into the driveway of your small house. It wasn't much, but it was enough for you and Lev, so that's all that mattered.

Opening the front door, you prepared to be squeezed to death by long arms, but nothing came. Looking around, you notice all your things scattered around. The cushions were thrown off the couch and books from the shelf were on the floor. You cocked an eyebrow.

Lev usually greets me when I get home... You thought for a quick moment, He's either eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom.... Or...

You nodded, Being childish... He's probably hiding and wants me to find him. But did he really have to make such a mess? Dork

You suppress a chuckle and close the front door, "Lev! I'm home!"

No answer.

Yup, he's hiding

You drop your things on the floor by the door and step father into the house, "Lev!"

You look around the house for a little bit, looking in obvious places or places that Lev could actually fit into. Without any luck, you check the last place, the closet.

There's a closet in the hallway where you keep winter coats and supplies. You knock on the door, "Lev! I'm coming in!"

Once you open the door, you see long legs curled up in the corner. You poke his foot, "Lev, I found you. Now come out."

After hearing silence in return, you tickle his foot for a reaction. He's super ticklish and you were shocked to receive nothing in return. He must be under some major control right now.

"Lev, come on. I found you!"

You grew very confused. Something wasn't right. Lev would be giggling or at least would have come out by now. For some reason a shiver runs down your spine.

Slowly, you reach out to the coats covering the upper half of his torso. It was odd, you actually felt scared.

Carefully pulling the coats aside, you finally see his face. You were about to playfully tackle him, but stopped dead in your tracks. You hear yourself let out a shrill scream.

All you can see is the grayness and fear in his once bright green eyes. But worse of all, the bullet hole in his forehead was still dripping blood down his face.

You scream again and scramble away from the closet. You felt like you were going to hurl. You sat there shaking in a ball on the floor, praying this is all a nightmare. You had just seen the man you were going to marry dead in the closet, and it couldn't be unseen. You glanced at him again before sobbing,

"LEV!!"

Your whole body goes weak and you fall onto your side, crying your eyes out. You knew for certain he didn't do this to himself, as far as you know he didn't even own a gun. This had to be inflicted by someone else. But how did the get into the house? Are they still here? You didn't even realize you were still screaming until your throat began to throb.

You were so stricken with grief you didn't hear the quiet footsteps coming up behind your figure.

You only noticed once you felt a gloved hand clamp over your mouth.

"Sshhhhhh...."

Horrified. You were horrified.

Why why why why

You couldn't do anything as you felt a rag cover your mouth, an odd scent emitting from it. You scream into the rag as if someone would hear you and come to your rescue. You began trashing in your captor's grasp, throwing your fist behind you in hopes to land a hit. Your head began to spin.

You clawed at the rug beneath you and looked at Lev, the image of him lying there embedded in your mind forever.

"Lev..." You whispered before everything went dark.