Daichi Sawamura | Wall Conversation

Daichi had just gotten home from work and he was tired. Like almost everyone, he hates rude people. So this makes his boss not exactly the best person to work with for poor Daichi. After a long day, all that's on the male's mind is food and sleep.

Taking off his shoes and stepping into his quiet apartment, he lets out a sigh. He heads into the kitchen and eats some leftovers before going into his bedroom. Swiftly getting changed into pj's and doing his nightly routine, Daichi is quick to get into bed.

The mattress feels amazing once he gets comfy. He closed his eyes to fall asleep, but he heard a faint noise. At first he was going to ignore it, but it got louder. He stayed quiet to listen.

Is that crying? This late at night?

It was odd. He lived alone, so no one in the apartment could be making the sobs he can hear. Listening more, he tracks down the sound. Daichi follows the sound with his ear until he finds his face pressed against the wall by his bed. The crying was clearer.

It had to be coming from the room next to his. He always knew the apartment walls were thin, but he had never really heard anything until now. It was sometimes so silent he thought he was the only one in the building.

Daichi continues to put his ear to the wall. He soon notices it is a female sounding voice. Daichi begins to feel worried for the stranger next door and hopes they are ok. After a minute he decides to knock on the wall with a light tap. The crying dies down slightly so he knocks again. Daichi wants to comfort whoever is crying because he hates it when people are upset, especially girls. He doesn't know why, but he feels sad when a girl cries.

He is quite surprised when he gets a knock back. He angles his face so he's facing the wall, "Excuse me, are you alright? I can hear you crying..."

Gosh, he feels awkward. He doesn't want to come off as nosy, but he wants to help they mystery lady.

A very soft voice travels through the thin wall, reaching Daichi's ears. The voice is angelic, even when it's strained from sobbing, "I'm sorry, am I bothering you? I-I..."

She sounded nervous and embarrassed, so Daichi quickly covered for her.

"No your alright. I was just concerned for you."

The girl is silent for a moment before responding, "T-T-Thank you..."

Daichi felt himself smile, "What's your name, may I ask?"

"(L/n) (f/n)"

Wait a minute...

Daichi gets a sudden memory of that name. (L/n) (f/n).

"Did you go to Karasuno academy?"

"Y-yes... Why?"

"You went to my school." Daichi remembers her clearly now.

She sat at the back of the class. Daichi remembered trading seats with another student just to get closer to the girl. She had (H/c) hair that would always be held out of her face with (random hairstyle). (E/c) eyes that would always be staring out the window instead of paying attention to the lesson. She didn't talk much, but when she did, she was smooth and playful. He had a crush on her.

"(L/n)-San, I'm not sure you know or remember me. I'm Daichi Sawamura. I was in your classes." He wasn't going to bring up the fact he had a huge crush on her throughout his years in highschool.

He was shocked to her the girl gasp, "D-Daichi-San?!"

She must have remembered him then. The two chatted through the wall, catching up with each other. Daichi had completely forgotten about his fatigue as they talked. But a question was still nagging him,

"(Y/n)-San, I know this is quite random, but why were you crying earlier?"

There was a brief silence. Did he come off as rude? Did he offend her?

"My...M-My boyfriend had been cheating on me for at least a month" Her voice carried through the wall, her pain coming with it. Daichi began to feel horrible. "I had just found out... S-so I called him and screamed through the phone... " she chuckled, but it wasn't a happy laugh,

"After I was done ranting and calling him horrible names, I broke up with him," Daichi could hear her voice crack, "I hung up the phone and cried. I'm not even sure why I cried so hard, it wasn't that deep of a relationship. I guess the fact someone would play me like that..."

"Why don't you come over?" Daichi didn't know what he was thinking. It was late and (y/n) was probably tired. Why would she even consider it? She probably think he's insane.

"Really?" (Y/n) was shocked. Daichi swallowed,

"Yeah," There was a silent gap before he countered, "I-I won't try anything! I was just thinking you could have some comfort-"

"I would love to." Daichi was shocked at her response. He nodded, then realizing she can't see him,

"O-Ok! I'll see you in a few minutes then."

(Y/n) got straight to work, getting into comfortable clothes and taking off most of her makeup, only leaving on her Chapstick. She felt comfortable enough to show up without her usual makeup anyway. Making sure her hair was brushed, she left her room and walked a few steps to daichi's.

Daichi heard a knock and he quickly went to the door. He didn't know why he was so eager, or why his heart was beating so fast. No way the crush on this girl was resurfacing, right? After all, all they did was talk through the wall for almost an hour.

When he opened the door, he was met with (e/c) eyes. They weren't as bright as in highschool, but they were still beautiful. Her hair was longer too, and not in (random hairstyle). Her face was much more mature and lovely than Daichi remembered. She wore black sweatpants and a (f/c) shirt.

"H-Hi" Daichi let her in. This was the first time in a while that he's had a girl in his apartment. He watches as (y/n) looks around the place.

"Do you want something to drink or...." Daichi scratches the back of his neck, wearing a nervous smile. (Y/n) just grins, "No thank you"

The two got comfortable on the couch and continued their conversation from earlier, not bringing up the boyfriend issue. Daichi was having a great time, and (y/n) was too. It was nice for them to chat.

After a while, he heard (y/n) yawn.

"Tired?"

"A bit, yeah"

Daichi began to stand, "You can sleep in my bed if you want. It would be too much trouble to send you back to your room."

The (h/c) girl nodded, "Good point. But I can't take your bed."

"I insist."

"Sorry, no can do."

Daichi chuckled, "Then I'll sleep on it with you."

A blush covered (y/n)'s cheeks, but she was fine with it. She knew Daichi wasn't the kind of guy to try something in the middle of the night. She trusted him.

Tucking themselves in, both got comfortable under the same sheets. It was a bit awkward, but it was nice.

Daichi flicked off the bedside lamp, "Goodnight, (y/n)-San"

"Goodnight, Daichi-San"

Daichi and (y/n) fell asleep almost Immediately. Daichi was very happy he had the chance to reunite with his highschool crush. Little did he know he would wake up the next morning to find the said girl snuggled into his chest.